Overwatch

Soldato
I think you guys are all just on the natural upswing of the meat-conveyor we call the crappy SR system in Overwatch... sure it could be the patch, or maybe following the big glut of losing streaks you were talking about a week or so ago you're now getting it back. Time will tell

After being stuck at 2750 for 100 or so games, I have gone from 2700 to 3285 in 2 days solo que. It has completely changed the game for me, Im loving it now it's back to brig brawls and stuff, lots more different comps now and knowledge of what beats what seems more important.

Before the patch it was very hard to carry with my favourite characters so I was just hard stuck 2750.

I've being saying that Brig would be a big winner from the new patch, not just for her own armour buff, but also because she gives out armour. Am I correct in thinking she did not get a shield nerf when the others did?

Yeah the armour buff actually buffs brig in 4 different ways and before patch double shield Brig couldnt get close enough to get a hit to switch the healing online.

Her shield is still 200hp which isn't much but it's more effective now with the new metas.

Associate
I've been too busy having fun in Yeti mode to play much competitive since the patch came in. I just love playing as Yeti and have this year decided to keep track of my win loss record as Yeti, currently sitting at 26 wins and 2 losses across my accounts.

Soldato
Enjoy gents..

returned for a few games post patch (20 games or something)- but same crap. No interest in playing/wasting time on games that are as toxic as this any longer.

Simply put, solo que is pointless - I know some of you are doing well with certain characters, good luck to you, but for me, all I get are shocking dps players, I mean REALLY bad genji/widows.

Played 8 games last night and today - as tank or healer, and 6 of them had genji & widow as the two dps. Nothing you can do, you can't influence the games in any way at all, if your dps kill nothing or do anything.

Utterly pointless healing my nuts off, ressing players, 20k plus healing etc - when all that happens is people play genji/widow as dps. Generally against double shield etc.

Last round we had junk/solider who just kept shooting the zayra bubble all the time - she was shredding us and finished with 78% average energy over 2 rounds. No changes.

Horrible toxic community - OW2 is just a waste of time & money as they are doing nothing to remove the afk/toxic players from the game.

Soldato
What rank @booyaka

Still playing yeti, current record is 39 wins and 3 losses as Yeti.

I was gold/plat around 2400/2600 as healer main - but plummeted to 2250 and uninstalled. (think my son has been using the account the last couple of days - given it to him) Lucio/Brig/Moira/Mercy but all to no avail

I have been up around 3000 4 or 5 seasons ago but dps players just simply don't have a clue most of the time, playing genji/widow into monkey/brig/mcree/mei etc - never switch - then blame tanks/healing.

Associate
I was gold/plat around 2400/2600 as healer main - but plummeted to 2250 and uninstalled. (think my son has been using the account the last couple of days - given it to him) Lucio/Brig/Moira/Mercy but all to no avail

I have been up around 3000 4 or 5 seasons ago but dps players just simply don't have a clue most of the time, playing genji/widow into monkey/brig/mcree/mei etc - never switch - then blame tanks/healing.

There is so much of that nonsense going around now. Tanking/healing is a lottery. Most DPS players have the aim of Stevie Wonder and the game sense of a cabbage. Thank God i'm getting an Oculus Rift for Christmas so I can burn the game.

Soldato
Solo queue is just trash in general... I still play solo but almost exclusively to practice mechanics on my 2nd account - I don't throw games by playing heroes I am totally useless at, but also don't get super annoyed at it because as you say it's such a crap-shoot...

On my main though a group I play with have lately decided to get together and really try to learn to play effectively as a team, which is going pretty well and feels a lot less infuriating than leaving it up to complete randoms (even though at the moment we still have a lot to work on and get completely rolled in a lot of games, especially when there are 6 of us on)

Caporegime

Yep.

It's so bloody depressing. I reckon I ain't half bad at the game. I only support/tank and it's a waste of time. I can do my job with either, but DPS still run in solo'n thinking their team killing heros. Que them dying, blaming everyone else on chat and then repeating their same run in and die tactic. Sigh.

I try to use the mic to stop it, but it never works. I've went from gold to bronze, through what feels like no fault of my own.

Getting Genji and Widow on the same team is absolutely depressing and no matter what they won't change.

Even more depressing when you have two tanks and one of them changes from shield to try and DPS and then you have the other support running around DPS'n too. Nope won't work guys.

Associate
Am I the only one here who barely ever plays comp? Half the posts on any given page of this thread is just the same old complaining about X and Y over and over. I honestly think the constant pressure of climbing (or falling) the SR ladder is sucking any potential joy for you guys. Don't forget it's just a game! It's like you guys having to run a marathon every time you want some exercise, even though you could just go for a nice jog around the block.

If I want to turn my brain off and play whoever I feel like without caring about the team comp, I'll play quick play classic. If I want a game which is a bit more serious, now that quick play has 2-2-2 I'll play that, and you can probably play 2 games in the time it'd take to do one comp game.

Soldato
Am I the only one here who barely ever plays comp? Half the posts on any given page of this thread is just the same old complaining about X and Y over and over. I honestly think the constant pressure of climbing (or falling) the SR ladder is sucking any potential joy for you guys. Don't forget it's just a game! It's like you guys having to run a marathon every time you want some exercise, even though you could just go for a nice jog around the block.

If I want to turn my brain off and play whoever I feel like without caring about the team comp, I'll play quick play classic. If I want a game which is a bit more serious, now that quick play has 2-2-2 I'll play that, and you can probably play 2 games in the time it'd take to do one comp game.

Horses for courses I guess :) - I can't speak for everyone but I'd rather just play something else than play Quickplay (or any of the modes save for comp)... the game is designed around 2 teams trying to win and in my opinion totally falls apart when you go into quick play and it's highly likely that with nothing on the line either one or both teams won't really be playing "properly"... I just don't feel it holds up at that point - it's not really a game (for me) where you can just kick back and play semi-casually racking up some kills etc (thinking about the long sessions I used to play on TF2, Unreal, Tribes) because the rounds are over in barely any time at all (especially if one team is more focused on the objectives than the other) and there's not that much satisfaction in "outplaying" oppenents (most of the time it's just "I am playing a hero that shuts your hero down, gg")

Soldato
I don't play comp anymore. Been playing since 2016, tryharded for a few seasons, got to almost GM, now I'm over it. Seems like the normal progression with video games for me. Play the crap out of it, tryhard to a decent level, get sick of the stress of trying to be competitive, revert to playing casually.

In my last 200 hours of Overwatch, 100% of it has been Widow in quick play. I think the last time I played anything different was with Ginny in comp - he will tell you how long ago that was. 4-5 months?

Soldato
yeah it was ages ago.

Im the opposite, the only thing I will ever play is comp.

For me comp is probably the best it's ever been right now, The role que and matchmaking and armour changes and meta. Everything seems spot on to me.

There does seem to be some horrible games around low plat level.

I have been starting my days off playing Mei in low gold and having some great matches and then moving over to healer mid diamond for some more great matches.

It's nice being able to switch, if I have a bad match I just switch to a different role.

Caporegime
yeah it was ages ago.

Im the opposite, the only thing I will ever play is comp.

For me comp is probably the best it's ever been right now, The role que and matchmaking and armour changes and meta. Everything seems spot on to me.

There does seem to be some horrible games around low plat level.

I have been starting my days off playing Mei in low gold and having some great matches and then moving over to healer mid diamond for some more great matches.

It's nice being able to switch, if I have a bad match I just switch to a different role.

I just find it frustrating.

Playing support, with highest healing and highest kills, second highest damage and most obj kills. I mean I know these mean nothing. But what are the DPS doing?

I just ended up in a game where 3 people left.

Soldato
My son has been playing on my account - he's high plat/diamond on console.

his comment to me the other day - PC dps players have no clue how to play this game.....He can't believe how bad they are.

Caporegime
I just find it frustrating.

Playing support, with highest healing and highest kills, second highest damage and most obj kills. I mean I know these mean nothing. But what are the DPS doing?

I just ended up in a game where 3 people left.

haha, this

I've just come back after 18 months and the queue system is brilliant but I think that it's gotten worse for immaturity to the point they're arguing with each other in chat, refusing to support whoever they're falling out with which then just leaves the other 3-4 actually trying to take the point

oh and dps are also useless agreed, from either potato aim or not going as a character to counter what we're up against

Caporegime
haha, this

I've just come back after 18 months and the queue system is brilliant but I think that it's gotten worse for immaturity to the point they're arguing with each other in chat, refusing to support whoever they're falling out with which then just leaves the other 3-4 actually trying to take the point

oh and dps are also useless agreed, from either potato aim or not going as a character to counter what we're up against

Yep, or hanzo/genji combos. Who are literally doing nothing, apart from dying until they alt.

Literally golding everything as support constantly in comp mode is so frustrating. So many DPS shout at you because your not healing, yeah mate I'll run about while you think your amazing and solo kill the whole team. No your dying everytime, immediatly. Maybe you're in the wrong? It's killing me.

When you find a team that sticks together, gets healed, knows when to push forward and when to stay on point is absoutley golden. DPS then don't even need to be able to aim, and we win.

Soldato
I have spent the day rocking junk rat. I wanted to get my dps rank up as it like 1200sr behind my healer lol.

Really enjoying junk rat. I finally got the hang of his ult using it at close range to destroy enemy attacks.

Junk seems great on this latest map rotation. Plenty of places to just sit and safely spam from.

I can see why people like playing dps. It is a lot of fun.

I think my junk is getting pretty good now. Gone up 200 sr today and spent most that time queing lol. Currently at 2200sr. Hoping to get it up to plat.

Right now playing low gold the main thing I have to keep telling the team is tanks at the front healers at the back. I do seem pretty good at organizing them and most times after I point out whats going wrong people are listening to me and turning the game around.

HEre is a potg from earlier today.

Soldato
Man 10 days without any posts in this thread... pretty much reflects the state of the game itself - dead

In solo comp play at least the game is absolutely over, a shame really as it had such a lot of potential. It's still fun when you can get a full 6-stack together if you try and play properly but outside of that it's just beyond not worth playing anymore (it has surprised me actually just how insanely un-fun it has become)

Soldato
Im still playing everyday.

I mainly just solo queing, rotating between different roles.

Looking forward to them adding some new characters.

Back
Top Bottom