• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yes, I think you should take the opportunity to reorganise both the cablling and the tubing (and thus the fluid flow) because they do look a bit of a mess.

Got my eye on a Thermaltake Core X9 and sticking two 480mm rads in the top.

Associate
As bad as you think your systems look they appear better than my setup which has WC parts I've owned since I had 6800sli :o along with 10mm tubing:eek: works fine.:D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Do you know what the HEDT reviews are missing? Actual proper parallel work flow testing. Very often I'll be rendering out a Cinema 4D scene and compiling a Unity app while working in Premier Pro. It's workflows like these where TR really shines, I'd love to see this represented in reviews, be interesting to see if AMD and Intel platforms handle it differently.

Hell, I was exporting a Premiere render last night and hopped onto rocket league for a couple if games while waiting, couldn't even tell in game that the render was happening.

Soldato
Got my eye on a Thermaltake Core X9 and sticking two 480mm rads in the top.

Get one, they're awesome, loads of room in them .

Here's mine

corex9.jpg

Man of Honour
Yes, Had the coloured fluid before, cases no end of problems.

De-ionised water with a couple of silver coils and clear PETG pipe
What problems does it cause? I only ask as I’ve been using coloured liquid for five years I think and I’ve not had any issues. But then I may not know an issue if I saw one.

Soldato

TL;DW - they're all decent (with caveats on Asrock and Aorus Pro WiFi).

BTW my Windows 10 Blender Gooseberry render benchmark was bested by almost 2 minutes (!) by running on Linux instead. Not bad. :D

tyRb97w.png

That result makes a mockery of some very expensive Intel CPUs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom