mATX & mITX - The Phenom Two

Soldato
OP
So I moved in to the new place, with much ballache associated with it, too. But we are in.

I had to go away with work, so office got backburnered, and especially when the rest of the house needed sorting, I was told it wasn't a priority (shock!).

Anyway, this week I've had a nice easy one at work, so decided to crack on with getting things in place and built up.

First off was getting the Alex drawers built up, so got that done and the Karlby on top. Job one done.

JdJ1KrJ.jpg

I then setup the machine on there to make sure it was OK and so I could get some work done. That's the 2x22s on there. Did some work, no prizes for neatness or cable management. But plus points for LED addition. :p
kcDE8Be.jpg
Unboxed the amp, dac and mission LX2s. I mean, that would be a nice setup, but hey...

I had to start ordering some wall mounts etc. so got all those on order for the speakers, and some more cables and also monitor mounts.

I bought a Samsung 34" monitor a while ago and had it at work for a bit, so brought that home and swapped the 22s out.

47gRbnL.jpg

I then put in an order for a couple of 27" samsungs, as my OCD for making them all the same look made this the only option.

Zn3XEFW.jpg

This one arrived first, had it on there and got a lot of ear about too many monitors from my wife. The LEDs kept dropping too, so I used some more hardcore sticky pads to keep them in place. My speaker mounts arrived at this point so I mounted those to the wall.

NFbyARW.jpg
My god they sound spot on. Positioning as well I'm made up with, it's perfect when you're at the desk. Totally fantastic sound.

agzAsHw.jpg
3rd monitor arrived and one LED monitor backlight kit did too. SO many of these kits are pure crap. They never seem to work properly for me using the corner pieces as they're useless. Anyway, this one I got working with some work and ordered a couple more.

Too much desk space taken up, but so much monitor... :o

Time to wall mount... If you know the Samsung monitors you'll know that they're stupid with a lack of standard mount, but the 34" came with a samsung adaptor, whereas the 27s didn't and that's a pain.

b0Pb7nW.jpg

Sized it up, made sure it was central...

p012VDl.jpg

She's up!

All of these monitors have power blocks as well, which is a mission for cables, so velcro is my new best friend.

xqECwUL.jpg

I also used half a white drain pipe I cut down and some velcro for the extension and 2 other power packs. It's all hidden from view but will get tidied properly when I have everything mounted.

IBQjVnw.jpg
I haven't wrapped up the cables yet, as they're not in their final resting place.

1OfqhEQ.jpg

qrxxVk4.jpg
So that's centre mounted, and adapters ordered for the other 2. Should arrive on Tuesday. I have a new 7 port USB 3.0 hub as well I'll mount at the back hidden, for things like the mouse etc. get all of that hidden.

It's coming on...

I still need to purchase my new chair, this one is awful, it's a dining room chair :/ and today I'm going to setup my Ryzen rig and have it on the other side, so I can switch between the 2 machines. That and the very obvious cable management, which I'll sort as soon as it's all mounted. I am looking for a nice stand for my headphones, too.
Either way, happy with the weeks progress.

Rest of the room also needs sorting, I have been donated this old fold out sofa (wife said it should be here...) so I've got some new material coming that I'm going to cover it in etc. as it's ming at the moment.
Got my Trump Joker painting up though :D

q0yFOCV.jpg

More this week :)

Associate
So I moved in to the new place, with much ballache associated with it, too. But we are in.

I had to go away with work, so office got backburnered, and especially when the rest of the house needed sorting, I was told it wasn't a priority (shock!).

Anyway, this week I've had a nice easy one at work, so decided to crack on with getting things in place and built up.

First off was getting the Alex drawers built up, so got that done and the Karlby on top. Job one done.

JdJ1KrJ.jpg

I then setup the machine on there to make sure it was OK and so I could get some work done. That's the 2x22s on there. Did some work, no prizes for neatness or cable management. But plus points for LED addition. :p
kcDE8Be.jpg
Unboxed the amp, dac and mission LX2s. I mean, that would be a nice setup, but hey...

I had to start ordering some wall mounts etc. so got all those on order for the speakers, and some more cables and also monitor mounts.

I bought a Samsung 34" monitor a while ago and had it at work for a bit, so brought that home and swapped the 22s out.

47gRbnL.jpg

I then put in an order for a couple of 27" samsungs, as my OCD for making them all the same look made this the only option.

Zn3XEFW.jpg

This one arrived first, had it on there and got a lot of ear about too many monitors from my wife. The LEDs kept dropping too, so I used some more hardcore sticky pads to keep them in place. My speaker mounts arrived at this point so I mounted those to the wall.

NFbyARW.jpg
My god they sound spot on. Positioning as well I'm made up with, it's perfect when you're at the desk. Totally fantastic sound.

agzAsHw.jpg
3rd monitor arrived and one LED monitor backlight kit did too. SO many of these kits are pure crap. They never seem to work properly for me using the corner pieces as they're useless. Anyway, this one I got working with some work and ordered a couple more.

Too much desk space taken up, but so much monitor... :o

Time to wall mount... If you know the Samsung monitors you'll know that they're stupid with a lack of standard mount, but the 34" came with a samsung adaptor, whereas the 27s didn't and that's a pain.

b0Pb7nW.jpg

Sized it up, made sure it was central...

p012VDl.jpg

She's up!

All of these monitors have power blocks as well, which is a mission for cables, so velcro is my new best friend.

xqECwUL.jpg

I also used half a white drain pipe I cut down and some velcro for the extension and 2 other power packs. It's all hidden from view but will get tidied properly when I have everything mounted.

IBQjVnw.jpg
I haven't wrapped up the cables yet, as they're not in their final resting place.

1OfqhEQ.jpg

qrxxVk4.jpg
So that's centre mounted, and adapters ordered for the other 2. Should arrive on Tuesday. I have a new 7 port USB 3.0 hub as well I'll mount at the back hidden, for things like the mouse etc. get all of that hidden.

It's coming on...

I still need to purchase my new chair, this one is awful, it's a dining room chair :/ and today I'm going to setup my Ryzen rig and have it on the other side, so I can switch between the 2 machines. That and the very obvious cable management, which I'll sort as soon as it's all mounted. I am looking for a nice stand for my headphones, too.
Either way, happy with the weeks progress.

Rest of the room also needs sorting, I have been donated this old fold out sofa (wife said it should be here...) so I've got some new material coming that I'm going to cover it in etc. as it's ming at the moment.
Got my Trump Joker painting up though :D

q0yFOCV.jpg

More this week :)

long shot but, did you need to put a middle leg in? is there any sag? thinking about upgrading from the lemmon desk to this one

Soldato
CF27F591

They're only 1080 though, and I would like them to be higher res but meh, they're perfectly fine for me. @blairw

Thought that may be the case - did you ever get them all mounted together? I'd appreciate a picture / link to the hardware used to get it up and going. Looking at the LC27H711 as that is 1440 so would carry across from the 34 a bit slicker but comes at cost (£640 for two of them which is more than I wanted to spend!)

Soldato
OP
@blairw Yea, all on wall mounts. Could get them slightly better aligned but need 2 people to play with adjustments and they're good enough for me. Excuse the mess, busy day WFH :p
17maGZG.jpg

I think I paid about 250 for each 27 and then about 700 for the 34. Not cheap and don't tell my wife.

Soldato
OP
I also am still using this machine in this thread for this haha FWIW I added another 32GB RAM and another NVME.

Spec is:

ASUS Strix Z270G Gaming
i7 7700K (I'd like to upgrade to a 9700k tbf for more cores)
64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200
1TB Samsung 860 EVO m2
500GB WD Black m2
2TB Samsung SSD (forget which)
GTX1080SC GPU

It's still pretty good but I do a lot of vid editing now so would like to change up the CPU for more cores and maybe an updated GPU...

Back
Top Bottom