What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
No chance. I will game for the rest of my life or until I’m physically unable to.

Give it 30 years or so and nursing homes will all be wired up for LAN parties :p

“Come on Mr Taylor, first you need your bed bath, then you can play GTA 20”

As I get older I've started to get nagging worries about health not only for my general well-being, but also for gaming in retirement. What if I get arthritis in my hands and can't use a mouse or controller? What if my heart can't take stressful games any more? What if my back starts to play up if I sit at the PC too long? What if I lose the ability to focus well enough on the screen?

At what point will my reactions get so slow I have to game on easy or give up action-type games completely?

Will there be over-80s only game servers so I don't get owned by the 40 year-old kids?

These are serious concerns!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
As I get older I've started to get nagging worries about health not only for my general well-being, but also for gaming in retirement. What if I get arthritis in my hands and can't use a mouse or controller? What if my heart can't take stressful games any more? What if my back starts to play up if I sit at the PC too long? What if I lose the ability to focus well enough on the screen?

At what point will my reactions get so slow I have to game on easy or give up action-type games completely?

Will there be over-80s only game servers so I don't get owned by the 40 year-old kids?

These are serious concerns!
Lol. I don't play mp games so I should fare better :p

Soldato
Got myself a free month of Origin Basic Access for enabling 2FA on my account so I've been having a look around their catalogue for games to try.

So far I've tried Batman Arkham Origins (hmm, I like a bit of stealth but not sure the console/gamepad-style of combat is for me) and Titanfall2 (it looks good but I'm only in the middle of the training mission).

Associate
Got myself a free month of Origin Basic Access for enabling 2FA on my account so I've been having a look around their catalogue for games to try.

So far I've tried Batman Arkham Origins (hmm, I like a bit of stealth but not sure the console/gamepad-style of combat is for me) and Titanfall2 (it looks good but I'm only in the middle of the training mission).

Titanfall 2 is a good game...get multiplayering!

Associate
Good stuff. Yea, I'll give it a go once I've had a bit more of a play through the campaign. This is my first bash at a Titanfall game so it all feels very new to me at the moment.

I Like that it's almost 2 games in 1. You're on foot for a while and then get your titan and you're stomping around blasting people. Good stuff.

Associate
The bug has bit for relaxed driving sims!

Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Mudrunner are both very addictive. I have American Truck Sim in the library but not played. For Mudrunner I double dipped with PC and Switch versions. I was getting driving sim withdrawals on the Switch and Mudrunner is awesome if you like pootling about, getting stuck etc. Actually I thought like ETS, it would be a snooze fest - nothing further from the truth!

For racing sims, the Switch has a couple but I fear they are a bit arcadey so avoided - If only ETS was available on the Switch.

Pillars of Eternity (started earlier in the year and loved it), only parked it for a while so I am going to resume over the holidays. Probably start over.

Soldato
For racing sims, the Switch has a couple but I fear they are a bit arcadey so avoided - If only ETS was available on the Switch.

Waiting for Grid to be on sale, £30 just seems a bit too much - About as close as it gets on the Switch for racing sims I think.

Personally playing Skyrim at the moment, still an amazing game.

Soldato
At 67 I am playing.
Fallout 76 mainly.
Trine 4 which is fun.
Dipping into CoD Cold War but it has not gripped me and will definitely be the last CoD I will play.
Struggling to with AC:Valhalla find it so repetitive and boring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom