Epic Games Store now open!

Soldato
...that they can only afford due to Fortnite - Epic is literally losing money on every sale.
But yes, to convince people to get signed up, the free games and sales like this work like a charm.

I've been grabbing some of the free games, not installed a single one, the sale with £10 looked a good deal, looked over the selection, and my mind just says - I'll get it on Steam once at right price , or wait for a steam release as I do tend to use Big Picture remote play on my Android TV and its just easier for me if the game is already in my Steam library.

However the sale is fairly decent, can't deny that, and the free games, even though I'm on the fence still with Epics Tactics - have been a nice sweetener, but I'm still not using anything they offer, not that is terrible, its just for me Steam works a lot better for my gaming needs.

Soldato
I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy stuff. I really don't need any more games to play... but :D

Ubisoft's games seem particularly cheap.

Man of Honour
I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy stuff. I really don't need any more games to play... but :D

Ubisoft's games seem particularly cheap.

Indeed, and with Division 2, AC Origins and AC Odyssey each weighing in at around 100 hours of gameplay, thats 300 hours of gameplay for very little bang to your buck.

Soldato
Indeed, and with Division 2, AC Origins and AC Odyssey each weighing in at around 100 hours of gameplay, thats 300 hours of gameplay for very little bang to your buck.
...the quality of that gameplay on the other hand... :)

(I enjoyed Origins and Odyssey, but they are very, very copypasted)

Man of Honour
...the quality of that gameplay on the other hand... :)

(I enjoyed Origins and Odyssey, but they are very, very copypasted)

Horses for courses, AC Origins was my game of the year for 2017 and AC Odyssey was my game of the year for 2018, so for me, the quality of the gameplay is very high :D

Associate
you can get it for £15 if you use the 10 quid off xmas coupon :)
So tempted but I think would play it with friends on steam, they wouldn't on epic so may just wait for the exclusive deal to end and then see if it's released on steam, but I have been known to cave in so not guaranteed :)

Associate
I suspect the answer is no, but does anyone know - if I bought the version of Trover Saves the Universe which is on EGS would there be any way to get it working on my Rift? With the code it's about the price at which I'd try it.

Soldato
Just purchased Metro: Exodus Gold Edition for £14.74. In the process got another £10 coupon to use by 1 May 2020, so no doubt Borderlands 3 will be my next pick-up.

Waiting eagerly for Desporado 3!

Associate
Am I being thick, or is there no way to pay for more than one game in a single transaction? :confused:

I want to use my £10 coupon, but you have to buy something worth £14.99 or more... the Anno 1800 DLC I was interested in is £14.69, so I was trying to add something else to take it over the required amount, but seems like you can't.

Back
Top Bottom