Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
Ive gone to renew today they wanted £37.45

BB and evenings and weekends calls.

Rip off

Just use Quidco/TCB and bounce to BT/Sky or whoever is giving you the best deal between the offer, the free gift and the cash back, it’s easy to do and you get some decent deals as a new customer.

Soldato
I'm switching to Plusnet from Talktalk. I used Top Cash Back to go to Broadband Choices and signed up. That should net me £105 in cashback and on a pre paid card. The deal was £25 a month over 18 months for the faster fibre option, which should see me getting 80 down, 20 up.

Soldato
Plusnet have been hopeless for me over the last year, mis-sold me a deal when i renewed my contract, messed up my house move order 3 times, set up a payment plan for the wrong amount to be payed on the wrong day for money i was told i didn't have to pay, put me on the wrong package, and today my replacement router showed up at my OLD address, this is just things that have happened in the last 4 months.

Soldato
I've been with Plusnet for about 5 years I think. They're not perfect by a long way and they've messed up a couple of things for me (one of which is my static IP that suddenly wasn't, which m!) but the connection has been pretty solid the whole time, with the exception of the first few weeks when they had to get BT in as there was a fault on my line. That said, I'm thinking of moving to Zen when my contract expires later next year, but I haven't fully decided yet.

As for Talk Talk, I'm sure they're fine for a lot of people, but I've heard too many horror stories over the years about them and their CS and I just won't use them.

If it wasn't for the fact Virgin (cable) wouldn't give me a static IP on a residential contract, I'd still be with them.

Caporegime
Anyone using a different provider for line rental? Mine is coming up end of Jan but still have 6 months fibre left so not sure. Found Post Office is cheapest at £11.50 a month compared to PN line saver at £16.49 a month!
It's very rare that any ISP still allows this. I think BT are the only one that still does.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Im in my last 30 days with BT. BT have offered me the same package as Plusnet for £27.99 24m contract

Currently looking at Plusnet Unlimited fibre extra broadband + Line only for £24.99 18month contract
How is Plusnet? Are they any good? Cons/Pros? Anything to look out for?

I'm happy with BT. Not had any issues. But, i'm not willing to sign up to a 24m contract.

Associate
I wouldn't recommend them as I ended up with a game of ping pong going between them and openreach when my connection kept dropping and it went nowhere until I moved to another ISP and everything is as stable as it was before that whole debacle started.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
I went along and ordered Plusnet Broadband and phone line only. Don't even use the house phone. Shame that you need a phone line to order broadband these days.
£24.99 pm and £70 cashback. Transfer day is on th 9th. Little longer then i anticipated. With it being xmas/new years, its understandable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went along and ordered Plusnet Broadband and phone line only. Don't even use the house phone. Shame that you need a phone line to order broadband these days.
£24.99 pm and £70 cashback. Trasnfer day is on th 9th. Little longer then i anticipated. With it being xmas/new years, its understandable.

SOGEA is a thing now, but not all ISP's offer it and not all areas have it available - even BT know absolutely nothing about it at either retail sales or CEO level, I had two deadlock letters before they would listen to reason.

Soldato
Can anyone with Plusnet standard fibre unlimited check there 'Current Line Speed (Download):' in Plusnet members section.

I've got standard fibre but i'm limited to 37 Mb, I was not expecting 39 or 40Mb. I know it's not much difference but that 2-3Mb has an effect on QOS inside my Draytek, as the Draytek QOS is based around my sync speed that's 39998Kbps.

If anyone here has 39 or 40MB speed profile, then I can explain this to support when phoning support, and have better change of getting them to change mine.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom