2020 biking plans and ambitions

Soldato
I don't think we've had one of these threads yet. This was last year's - did you get everything that you wanted out of 2019?! https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ing-and-where-are-you-going-in-2019.18839317/

Anyway, what are everyone's plans for 2020?

Myself, I keep flirting with changing bike. The XR is still great, but I'd like something more nimble. The KTM 790 is fantastic but doesn't compare in power terms, so I'm really interested to see how they develop the newly announced 890. The new S1000XR saves weight, adds better suspension, LED lights and TFT dash but I personally find it aesthetically challenging. I'm not sure that I can buy a new one, but might consider a well-priced pre-owned. I need to ride it.

On trips, 2020 is going to be a really busy and hopefully great year. We've got a 9 day trip planned to Austria, Switzerland and Italy in August, and then I'm going back to the Picos with Teapot One in September after a cracking trip on the same route this year. Hopefully there'll be a couple of long weekends early in the year as well.

What's everyone planning?

Man of Honour
Nothing specific planned, the bird could do with some tidying up so probably a bit of that and just the usual one man hoons through Wales.

Associate
This year I said goodbye to my Aprilia Tuono and S1000RR.

So my plans for 2020 are this..

Streetfighter-V4-Red-Y20-13-Ambience-Gallery-1920x1080.jpg

Soldato
To buy one hopefully. looking to get a sports tourer with the Multistrada 1200/Enduro and the MV Turismo Veloce top of the list, both Italian, both sure to break down just by looking at them.

Also been looking into the Superduke GT, BMW s1000xr and the Suzuki v-strom 1000. All around the 2015 mark.

Finding it hard to settle on one. Turismo Veloce and Multistrada look beautiful, V-strom would be bullet proof, superduke would be nuts! and the s1000xr is fast as lightning but has it any character?

I need to test ride them all really.

Any other bike I'm over looking?

Soldato
NC500 is a great run, did it in May this year over 4 days (1500+ miles)
was slightly damp but at least it kept the midges down to a minimum.
Yeah, did it in the car a couple of years ago at the end of August, dry mostly but occasional midges. I think I racked up about 2000miles total for my trip (including to/from Bristol) If I go again this year it'll be West coast and Skye focused as that's the prettier side with great roads.

Associate
My plan is just to get a license by April time hopefully once the weather pics up again, then maybe get an enduro bike or at least do a few organised days/weekends with some training and bike hire

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Selling my road and track bikes. Not sure if I'll pick up anything to replace them.

I might just rent bikes for the alpine tours I do a few times a year.

Last edited:
Soldato
To get off this island so I can do more then 35mph :(:(
A lot of the time with the crazy amount of traffic here these days it less then 25mph, I just about given up taken my bike out in day time due to the traffic

Back
Top Bottom