Windows 10

Soldato
I knew it wouldn't last. I had installed windows 10 back in November properly for the first time (I'd dabbled with virtual machines/dual boot previously) and I was pretty happy with everything just working and not being annoyed by anything the last few months. But then out of nowhere, some poxy Office store app installs itself - it wouldn't be so bad if it just appeared as an icon but it actually opened itself and prompted me to sign in. I thought uninstalling the store on day one would prevent crap like this. :rolleyes:

And then today, my Creative Z soundcard drivers got updated wiping out all my previous settings/EQ presets. They just can't ****ing help themselves at all. :mad: :p

Permabanned
Caporegime
Thats me patched :)

KB4532938 - Cumulative Update for the .NET Framework.

KB890830 - The Malicious Software Removal Tool

KB4528760 - The Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v1909, which includes the security fix, for the above.

Man of Honour
So it seems it is a pretty nasty security flaw found by the NSA for Windows 10... and people were talking up security on 10 as if it would be any better to 7 :rolleyes: where are the people giving MS stick for this the way Intel has been getting it for similar?

Man of Honour
Just got wind of this on the discord for a game forum I help moderate. We got a notifaction about 10 mins ago. It's the most severe I've seen.

I'm surprised it is getting relatively high profile versus some of the other Windows 10 security issues lately - albeit the NSA found it rather than MS but worse has been patched in the last few months - amongst other things several very nasty RDP vulnerabilities that were quietly closed.

Back
Top Bottom