What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Wish I'd brought a Triple instead of the ZX6R I decided to get. 50 miles I'm in agony, knees, wrists, back, getting too old for sports bikes.

Yeah I know the feeling... Me and the missus rode upto Oulton Park on my Street Triple no pains or aches and was a joy to ride up from Bristol, Then when I got my CBR600RR and rode from Bristol to Swindon we had to stop for us to stretch our legs etc :p

Associate
Not necessarily to the bike but I got a new lid yesterday. Spent ages trying all sorts on but turns out I must have an obscure shaped head, Shoei, Scorpion, Shark, Bell, AGV and a few others didn't fit very well, mostly around the forehead too.
Only one I could get away with was Aria, abit more than I wanted to spend, but atleast it was on sale

lFv7NDJb.jpg
lFv7NDJ

Last edited:
Soldato
Fitted Hel Braided hoses to my CBR600FX. All fitted, not bled properly yet I don't think. Forgot what a complete ball ache it is to bleed!!

Next job is to fit bobbins to the swingarm for my paddock stand (drill and put a thread in), remove wheels, fit new chain and sprockets, new cush rubbers, new tyres.

Associate
Currently in the process of fitting a straight bar conversion, replacement screen, heated grips and a couple of other bits and bobs to the turbo bird. I just want another dry day to really stretch it's legs.

Man of Honour
Currently in the process of fitting a straight bar conversion, replacement screen, heated grips and a couple of other bits and bobs to the turbo bird. I just want another dry day to really stretch it's legs.
We'll have to go for a ride when it warms up and you can show me just how much it embarrasses a standard bird :o

Associate
We'll have to go for a ride when it warms up and you can show me just how much it embarrasses a standard bird :o

Haha yeah for sure, to be honest it feels very similar to standard but you just get a hell of a lot more of a push. I did about 150 miles yesterday with the new setup and it's totally changed the dynamic of the bike. Absolute weapon.

Soldato
Went to fit an expensive phone mount to the bars only to realise the ones fitted don't have space for anything like the clamp mount (has a support bar linking both sides).
Something to investigate and work something out when I've got free time and daylight, could really do with being able to mount my phone for nav occasionally.

Soldato
Went to fit an expensive phone mount to the bars only to realise the ones fitted don't have space for anything like the clamp mount (has a support bar linking both sides).
Something to investigate and work something out when I've got free time and daylight, could really do with being able to mount my phone for nav occasionally.
Take a look at Quadlock for your bike. :)

Soldato
Take a look at Quadlock for your bike. :)
The problem is the clamp itself on the stupidly expensive Givi mount / case I got due to my bars. I might be able to mount it on the support bar but it doesn't fit on the main bar due to the support one plus the distance between main bar and headstock bolt thing.

Image below shows the support / cross bar that stops a clamp mount from working on the main bar. The phone mount did come with some rubber padding for wrapping around bars / mirrors (if mirrors mount on the bars, mine don't) so I might be able to use that to pad out the cross bar and make it fit. Short of doing that, I think the next best option is to get a new set of bars without the cross tie thing but that seems a little drastic to resolve a minor issue of mounting my phone. I don't need the phone to be mounted, it's just useful to have a quick glance at when going on an unknown route as audio instructions aren't always too clear.
I'll have some free time over Xmas and new year so will see what I can do with what I have.

y4mJFbZH78whxRj-MLDSSvGldPtupcliQBRDXBMHXwGKkdSeR3sg8FtxVYZgkMOqcw0gMAZWogoNRItSG67sVuHVm1qHeMdch1cAAgHpeQ68c-mtapk-o_16VnStK0lkv7mLS34s-dnIE3Vys6oZmx3clA-r7TDitIGfk9JfqS6pjj-zpA19pWt5zFXRZqgjP5ZfveD01J6oO8_7hJq0xJ-7w

E: that being said, the one you mention does look so much simpler and nicer to use. My phone (OnePlus 7T) isn't IP rated or whatever it's called but that's down to OnePlus not wanting to pay for it, generally it should be fine getting wet. I shall look into those mounts too, does look nice and slim and easy to use, mounting clamp looks quite slim too so could be an option. Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom