**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Associate
Just generally there is no stutter or delay and it feels really rapid, it wasn't slow before but this just makes it buttery smooth and fast.

Soldato
Ok ta - mine seems quite juddery in many of the apps I use. On those without judder it's like the screen is at 45hz rather than 60. Except the home screens and app drawer where it's perfectly smooth.

Associate
I have not really noticed much difference in gestures as I used them in Android 9 also and not the buttons, but the phone is definately more snappy!
I've also wiped the cache so I'll see how it compares in battery life etc

Associate
I was hoping they would have implemented the Android 10 gestures, I quite like these. I have been using the Samsung gestures (bottom of the screen swipe which is pretty good).

Overall, the build isn't a major change but a nice iterative update which appears well optimised.

Associate
Any improvements to the camera sneaked in with it?
Interface is improved slighly and cleaner, day shots were always good on the Note 10+, it's when the light is slightly dodgy it goes south badly. I will run some testing tonight, given the fact the Note 10+ has lost so much value I'm going to hold on an wait to see what the S11+ brings camera wise.

I switch between this and the OnePlus 7 Pro, both fantastic phones with the cameras being the only let down in certain conditions.

Soldato
given the fact the Note 10+ has lost so much value I'm going to hold on an wait to see what the S11+ brings camera wise.

Samsung gave an inflated trade in value for my old phone which I've already sent to them. It means that if I return the Note it will have effectively increased in value.

Associate
hopefully samsung will have fixed the camera with this update, as im sure one of the previous updates broke it. all of my photos since the end of October have been pretty much awful.

Associate
hopefully samsung will have fixed the camera with this update, as im sure one of the previous updates broke it. all of my photos since the end of October have been pretty much awful.

Agreed, in anything other then perfect light it's been poor, I don't remember it being like that when I got it in September.

Will test later

Associate
So far it appears to be a very good build and not experienced any bugs, very smooth and definitely smoother. Icons appear to be a slightly higher resolution .

So far impressed, they appear to have hidden a lot of Android 10 features in background compared to OnePlus, OnePlus is nice and basic, Samsung has a lot more bells and whistles but you probably won't use.

Soldato
I'm getting a free Note 10+ 5G as part of a deal on a Samsung TV I bought. Currently deciding whether to keep it and sell my OnePlus 6T or to leave it sealed and sell the Note. For those with the 10+, do you find it a bit big or do you get used to it?

Associate
I'm getting a free Note 10+ 5G as part of a deal on a Samsung TV I bought. Currently deciding whether to keep it and sell my OnePlus 6T or to leave it sealed and sell the Note. For those with the 10+, do you find it a bit big or do you get used to it?
I have used Galaxy Notes since the Note 2 so you could say I'm a little biased but yeah they are a big phone and not for everyone but to be able to use it to its full potential then it has to be big.
Most other phones are well over the 5" mark now so to me it's not important but I can understand people who find it too big.

Soldato
There's a decent deal on Samsung store right now on the Note 10 5G, but apparently you can stack it with a Samsung Members discount code... only problem is I haven't got a Samsung phone yet! Anyone kind enough to check if there's a code available please, would love to get a Note 10+! Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask :)

Back
Top Bottom