**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Apologies if this has already been asked however can anyone recommend a good screen protector, tried 2 so far, one glass which was ok but stop the finger print scanner from working, and the other a film which although applied with no bubbles won't adhere to the curved edges!

I've honestly never used a screen protector on my S10+ and it's not got a scratch on it. I've had it like this for about 4 months now. I took the factory fitted one off after it started to bubble.

I've got One UI 2 downloading as we speak through the official release. S10+ on Three network. I've never tried any of the beta's but quite looking forward to seeing what changes there are.

Soldato
Not sure if it's just me, but since my upgrade to UI2 at start of the month I feel like i'm having weird issues with DND feature.

Soldato
S10 still a good buy? Seems to be £29 a month with a free galaxy watch (up until end of Jan)

My contract is up in Jan and thinking of wether to get a new phone. (coming from pixel 2xl)

Associate
S10 still a good buy? Seems to be £29 a month with a free galaxy watch (up until end of Jan)

My contract is up in Jan and thinking of wether to get a new phone. (coming from pixel 2xl)

Decent price for one of the best all round phones of the year. Of course we'll see the S11 announced in February and launched in March, so be aware of that. I know it'll be a lot more expensive of course, but some people prefer the newer tech, and it might also push down the S10 price even further.

If you like the Pixel brand, the Pixel 4 isn't a bad phone, you still get the stock Android experience, the Camera is still great despite lacking ultra-wide, but battery life can be a concern of course.

There's quite a lot of options at the minute for flagship and upper mid-range phones, I'd recommend maybe visiting a store to see if you can get your hands on some phones. That really helped me decide on the S10, the feel and weight in the hand is super nice compared to some other phones.

Soldato
Decent price for one of the best all round phones of the year. Of course we'll see the S11 announced in February and launched in March, so be aware of that. I know it'll be a lot more expensive of course, but some people prefer the newer tech, and it might also push down the S10 price even further.

If you like the Pixel brand, the Pixel 4 isn't a bad phone, you still get the stock Android experience, the Camera is still great despite lacking ultra-wide, but battery life can be a concern of course.

There's quite a lot of options at the minute for flagship and upper mid-range phones, I'd recommend maybe visiting a store to see if you can get your hands on some phones. That really helped me decide on the S10, the feel and weight in the hand is super nice compared to some other phones.

Cheers. Think I might have to go and have a feel with them.

Been watching reviews and seems to fit the bill. I have read the S11 is coming out but the price will be way more than I'm prepared to pay.

The £29 is only £9 more than I'm currently paying for my tarrif a month and it's the same data. Plus the watch is a nice bonus, been wanting a new android watch for a while.

Soldato
Looks like I've just received Android 10 update to my s10e on Three :)

Just downloading mine now, I'll do a factory reset again for good measure but doubt my battery issues will be fixed.

EDIT: Anything to get excited about apart from 30 second exposure in Pro mode?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just downloading mine now, I'll do a factory reset again for good measure but doubt my battery issues will be fixed.

EDIT: Anything to get excited about apart from 30 second exposure in Pro mode?

Nothing really to shout about that I've noticed, system wide dark mode and the camera app has changed again. Overall performance seems perceptively better but I could be imagining it.

Soldato
How does the battery hold up on the 10? Is the phone still going to be good keeping for 2 years? @mrk you tend to have a lot of Samsung phones. How long do you generally keep them?

Associate
I'm on a regular S10, nearly 7 months in.

Accubattery says battery health is at 94%. I could definitely treat it better though, I'm pretty used to leaving it on over night. Right now I try to charge when I get home in the evening to 80% ish, then top up during the day when I'm at work if needed. I'm a pretty heavy user I'd say, so I've probably hurt it more than average.

I feel like the biggest battery issue I have still is idle drain, which seems to have got worse since updated to android 10. Over the last 7 days, Accubattery shows 2.2% drain per hour with screen off, and that's no AOD. 20% battery drain overnight is annoyingly bad actually.

Would be interested to compare with other users actually if anyone has the app.

Man of Honour
How does the battery hold up on the 10? Is the phone still going to be good keeping for 2 years? @mrk you tend to have a lot of Samsung phones. How long do you generally keep them?

I used to change every year but the S8 onwards has been every 2 years simply because they're far better and yearly upgrades don't yield better features (the S11 may change that with the supposed camera boost). For me the battery since launch has remained as was back then with my S10e. Yesterday I charged in the evening and watched over 3 hours of Netflix in bed this morning with an SoT of over 5 hours and had 31% battery left. Topped up earlier and at 75% now it's saying 18 hours remaining. My bro in law came round today and he has the Exynos S10e which is on Android 10 and his battery ETA was showing values in-line with my Snapdragon variant so that's also promising.

If the S11 camera upgrades are as we are expecting then I'll get an S11e most likely but not until they are quite a bit cheaper than launch pricing. I won't bother with importing again as HK handsets tend to get major OS updates last whereas security updates happen quickly. My HK S10e still has not got 10 yet and I can't manually flash a USA firmware as it would change the CSC which wipes the phone so I'll just wait until January which is the official full rollout.

Otherwise I will keep the S10e the full 2 years as camera and everything else is just excellent.

Associate
Is it possible to save a picture from whatsapp to my gallery without having the option on that saves them all.only want to save certain ones. Cant figure it out. I've tried what google says, to open the picture then tap share and save to gallery but there isnt a gallery option.

Soldato
I used to change every year but the S8 onwards has been every 2 years simply because they're far better and yearly upgrades don't yield better features (the S11 may change that with the supposed camera boost). For me the battery since launch has remained as was back then with my S10e. Yesterday I charged in the evening and watched over 3 hours of Netflix in bed this morning with an SoT of over 5 hours and had 31% battery left. Topped up earlier and at 75% now it's saying 18 hours remaining. My bro in law came round today and he has the Exynos S10e which is on Android 10 and his battery ETA was showing values in-line with my Snapdragon variant so that's also promising.

If the S11 camera upgrades are as we are expecting then I'll get an S11e most likely but not until they are quite a bit cheaper than launch pricing. I won't bother with importing again as HK handsets tend to get major OS updates last whereas security updates happen quickly. My HK S10e still has not got 10 yet and I can't manually flash a USA firmware as it would change the CSC which wipes the phone so I'll just wait until January which is the official full rollout.

Otherwise I will keep the S10e the full 2 years as camera and everything else is just excellent.
Cheers. That's good to know. I've never had a Samsung device sot to get as much info an it them as I can.

S11 being so soon makes me wonder if it's worth waiting for that for even better deals on the 10 though to be honest.

Associate
My s10e exynos appears to get a boost in battery management efficiency. Updated to android 10 at last charge and I just exceeded 5 hours SOT and 25.3 hours operation time. Still has 14% left. Normally I get just over 4 hours SOT for the same duration.

Have to add I normally turn on airplane mode after 9pm with WiFi only since my area has poor mobile strength.

Back
Top Bottom