What do you do with your extra money?

Soldato
Do you not know how to read ? I asked what others do with their spare money. Whether thats save it or blow it.

Personally I'm looking to save and want to see what options people generally choose.

Who cares if people spend it. Its not giving you ideas of what to save and completely irrelevant to what you are wanting to do................:rolleyes:

Soldato
Extra money gets soaked up by the kids, uni funds (still kids), house renovations (again kids) and overpaying the mortgage - boring but effective...

...oh, and watches, always liked them. (computer upgrades a given).

Or maybe i'm now an old hag
This, definitely this - topic is irrelevant. :D

Although, a bimmer and and uber powerful munchkin build may see you lose your moniker.

*Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year @tamzzy - get those banana bags on standby for New Year...

Soldato
Straight into the kids' trust funds. I was medically retired at 35 (luckily I worked for a decent firm who gave me my pension as if I'd worked to 65), so "you never know what life will throw at you" has been a sharp lesson in making sure they're set for the future.

Soldato
Mortgage overpayments, until I paid it off anyway :p

About to buy a new house, so will have a mortgage once again :(
Yep, know the feeling.

Finally, pay it off and briefly have that feeling of: owning all four walls, security and extra income etc. Then Mrs Plec starts to get itchy feet, looking at houses that are even further into the sticks or with a garden that would take a small herd of wildebeest to keep the grass down :/

We're close again to being mortgage free and the browser history is already full of 'Right Move' pages...

I may have the kids as ammunition this time - family home that they've grown up in (mostly), all their early childhood memories (that they remember), and they won't be keen to move from their friends.

/prepares to fight dirty.

Soldato
Save more, retire early, don't be a slave to another mortgage is my advice :).

My spare goes into investments but I keep enough cash to keep me for a few years and for items I may want to buy. Most of it at the moment is going towards paying down a BTL mortgage. I can't be bothered to remortgage it. The offset account has already saved a few grand on interest payments(more profit!)

Last edited:
Soldato
Depending on overtime worked and after clearing my previous months credit card bill, mortgage payment and moving some to another account for house bills;
mortage overpayment
Pay my dad some money i owe him

The rest i leave in my account for flight tickets, gigs, going out and clothes. Any saved goes towards paying next months credit card. Generally stuff thats not important.
We have a seperate account for food shopping, my lunches and eating out (£400) but this usually is gone 3 weeks into the month

Back
Top Bottom