**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
@Angilion
Yes thanks got that one ok! I will let you have a winter icicle light if you need it please let me know??

Also, I accidently bought from someone a Dense Armour Plan for 17500 Caps :eek::eek: its your if you want if for the same price 17500 Caps otherwise it stays in my Vendor shop until someone wants to buy it!! I found out there is a whole bunch of ultra rare Dense armour plans I never had before they do not even show up until you learn the plan :eek: I finally got some of the ultra rare animal heads but it cost me about 60000 Caps by now :eek::eek::(:(:rolleyes::p

Oh yeah hit the 30000 Caps limit & lost a whole bunch of stuff as could not buy something fast enough & someone paid me 17500 Caps for a rare Plan but I had 27500 Caps at the time so got next to nothing for it :mad::mad::(:(

Man of Honour
@Angilion
Yes thanks got that one ok! I will let you have a winter icicle light if you need it please let me know??

No need, thanks. I got that one from a present on the first day, when I was buying the most expensive wrapping paper to buy presents because I didn't know that the cheapest wrapping paper had the same chance of giving all plans apart from the santa crash, icicles and some dead animal heads. I've spent ~40K on wrapping paper and got most of the new plans and some of the older bugged or ultra-rare plans I didn't have already. Even with the chance of getting 2 plans from the large presents, it's still much more cost-effective to buy small ones because they're less than 1/3rd of the price.

Also, I accidently bought from someone a Dense Armour Plan for 17500 Caps :eek::eek: its your if you want if for the same price 17500 Caps otherwise it stays in my Vendor shop until someone wants to buy it!!

I wouldn't pay that much for a plan for something I will never make solely because I didn't already have the plan. Although come to think of it, I don't know if I do have the plan. I haven't checked if I have any of the dense armour plans.

I found out there is a whole bunch of ultra rare Dense armour plans I never had before they do not even show up until you learn the plan :eek:

I know. I made a list of all the weapon and armour plans I don't know back when I was playing FO76 a lot and I keep it up to date. There's a datamined list online of every available plan and every available mod (they don't quite match up - some mods are impossible to learn because the plan for them doesn't exist in the game at all). I spent a while ingame finding or making items and going into the mod menu at workbenches to cross-reference mods I knew with mods that existed. The only ones I haven't fully checked are raider chest and legs (or maybe arms - one of those). Maybe I overlooked them. Maybe I didn't have any to check when I was going through the list.

I finally got some of the ultra rare animal heads but it cost me about 60000 Caps by now :eek::eek::(:(:rolleyes::p

You can buy some from my shop for 50 caps each, unless they've already sold. I know I had a megasloth and mirelurk king head in there, probably some others.

Oh yeah hit the 30000 Caps limit & lost a whole bunch of stuff as could not buy something fast enough & someone paid me 17500 Caps for a rare Plan but I had 27500 Caps at the time so got next to nothing for it :mad::mad::(:(

I'm glad I'm not being as Bethesda as you are regarding the "economy" of FO76, scrabbling for every cap I can possibly get. When I get a spare plan, it goes in my shop for 50 caps as a service to players looking for plans they don't already have. I know some people will see me as a stupid sucker and profit from me, getting plans from me they already know in order to resell them at a vastly higher price. I wouldn't do it IRL because there's real harm in the real world from being less mercenary than competitors, but in a game I'm free to follow the principles I prefer.

Soldato
@Angilion
Found some players selling T60 piece plans for big caps! So now T45, T51b & T60 plans have appeared ingame at various player vendor stores :eek::rolleyes: Beth$da really are a bunch of jerks as there are so many ingame plans that have popped up which never ever dropped as rewards yet clearly they were ingame all along :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
@AWPC

A heads up regarding something I vaguely recall you mentioning - the Santatron bug has been fixed and it will now gather presents as intended. It's worth doing if you want presents, since it's free and requires nothing at all. I think I'm getting about 2 per hour, roughly, maybe 3. You have to lock the 'tron collection bin, of course, or else anyone can help themself freely (and probably assume you intended it that way, since that's the point of leaving a Collectron collection bin unlocked).

A couple of things about it:

1) You can just set your Collectron to Christmas mode, rather than replacing it with a Santatron. Computer at the side, same way you swap between scrap and junk. That might put off players who like to steal presents from other people's Santatrons.
2) You can farm presents by taking and holding public workshops and building Santatrons (or Collectrons in Christmas mode) in each. I hadn't realised that, since who uses public workshops? I only ever take one when it's on a daily/weekly challenge. I just read about it and I think I'll try it tomorrow. You have to keep defending the workshops, of course, but that's only once per hour per workshop after the initial claim+defence. Maybe just blueprint a raised platform with a 'tron and many turrets, so you can just plop it down at any workshop you claim.

I've been getting about a dozen presents per day since I ran out of money (from a quick trip through the Big Bend tunnel but main from selling scav to make 1400 caps, getting a few more caps from my 50 cap plans selling, buying paper and selling more scav to get back some of the caps I spent on paper to buy more paper :) ) but I think I'll try the workshop farming method tomorrow. I'm selling ~20 plans per day, so I only have about 250 spare plans left. There are still some I haven't got, so the more the merrier. I've had a few dense armour plans, but I'm still missing 4. I'm also missing 15 basic armour plans - most of the raider ones and some of the metal and robot ones.

Soldato
Stay away from Adventure mode for now until its hotfixed!! There is a new hack just released which lets griefers steal every single item you are carrying as well as your pip boy :eek: They can do this from 200M away ingame without any interaction from you just by running a cheat engine script which some complete t00l just released & asked them to play nice with :rolleyes:

Private Worlds with Fallout 1st is not affected neither is Nuclear Winter play those until its patched or risk losing every single thing you have ever collected & retained including all your power armour the whole lot if its in your inventory or stash box you have no way to stop someone stealing the LOT!!

Soldato
Its happened in a big way just avoid until its hot fixed (probably later today otherwise they will have to take adventure mode offline as no way to recover your stolen items :eek:) otherwise risk losing everything you are carrying that includes your power armour & all pieces. You then have to logoff & backon as they also steal your pipboy!

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/377216/item-stealer-in-action-proofs?language[]=en
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/377294/well-i-just-lost-all-my-equipped-items?language[]=en
https://bethesda.net/community/topi...ne-my-armor-and-gun-were-stolen?language[]=en
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/377320/all-equipped-items-gone?language[]=en
https://bethesda.net/community/topi...s-stealing-all-a-player-s-stuff?language[]=en
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/377304/just-lost-of-all-my-armor-and-weapons?language[]=en

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/eed3bd/just_had_items_stolen_bethesda_wheres_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/eeffnv/inventory_hack_on_pc_is_live/
I should imagine a DMCA takedown for anyone hosting the script (I will not link to it at all here) is incoming once Bethesda wake up otherwise they have to take Adventure mode offline on PC until its fixed :( its very irresponsible of the hacker to share his work as well!

Man of Honour
I went looking earlier and found stuff on it too. Defintely something that's actually happening and not a rumour.

That sucks. I was enjoying farming for christmas presents to get plans I didn't already have. The christmas present event was the only reason for me to play FO76 again and now the game is thoroughly broken during the event. Lovely timing from the person who decided to make the script publically available during the event and when there would be minimal staff at Bethesda so there's even less chance than usual of a patch to prevent it.

Taking a very well understood and highly modifiable game engine and using it for a multiplayer game in which almost everything is done client side in that engine was always a recipe for disaster. I'm surprised it took this long.

Soldato
I went looking earlier and found stuff on it too. Defintely something that's actually happening and not a rumour.

That sucks. I was enjoying farming for christmas presents to get plans I didn't already have. The christmas present event was the only reason for me to play FO76 again and now the game is thoroughly broken during the event. Lovely timing from the person who decided to make the script publically available during the event and when there would be minimal staff at Bethesda so there's even less chance than usual of a patch to prevent it.

Taking a very well understood and highly modifiable game engine and using it for a multiplayer game in which almost everything is done client side in that engine was always a recipe for disaster. I'm surprised it took this long.
I have several of the armour plans you need I also know of several other players who got loads in their vending stores as they were making loads of caps on alt characters then moving the caps over to their main character to keep buying the gift paper. One of these players has almost 800 plans for sale now :eek: You need a complete set of 6 x Raiders armour & the dense combat armour to get all of them I think. The raiders ones are ultra rare & go for big caps so be prepared to pay the going rate on those! Bear Arm is something I still need I saw only one for sale @ 17000 Caps as they are ultra rare not sure I want to pay that much though!

I managed to get complete sets of T51b & T45 power armour pieces (all 6 parts) so can make those now as well as finally getting the plans for armour for 80 Atoms (this alone cost me well over 20K caps as I had to buy several rare plans like the dense set which is one of the 0.003% drop rate plans) as well as the Ultracite Gatling Laser Plan & a few other rare ones from present drops like the pole hook! Also did not realise there are a couple of plans for laser sights as well I did not have :eek: I reckon I have most plans for most things now except for the serums still missing a few of those & the last 3 stuffed animal heads never seem to drop either from gifts :(

As US will just be waking up soon I expect Bethesda to have to either hotfix this ASAP or take the adventure mode offline as its going to cause a lot of issues & upset for players. The inventory cannot be recovered once lost its gone forever so DMCA takedowns are probably heading towards the irresponsible people who published this as its big issues right now so many more players have noticed things going missing :(

Soldato
Exactly and its spreading rapidly many more players are complaining on the official F76 forums of stolen items but so far radio silence from radio gaga...sorry Bethesda & it just works Todd Howard! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
I have several of the armour plans you need I also know of several other players who got loads in their vending stores as they were making loads of caps on alt characters then moving the caps over to their main character to keep buying the gift paper. One of these players has almost 800 plans for sale now :eek:

I have sold several hundred plans since the event started and I still have ~300. I don't use alts. I spent the 30K I had saved and spent the max 1400 caps per day I got from selling scav to vendors and spent all the caps I found and spent all the caps I got from selling plans. So I've bought quite a lot of wrapping paper. I've also scavved a lot of presents in play, partly from hunting santa scorched and partly from farming with Santatrons. Although that's less effective IMO as small presents often don't give a plan (unlike small handmade presents, which always do).

You need a complete set of 6 x Raiders armour & the dense combat armour to get all of them I think. The raiders ones are ultra rare & go for big caps so be prepared to pay the going rate on those!

No. I will not pay farcical prices because some other people might, with everyone gouging everyone else as much as they can. I've sold some raider armour plans for 50 caps each, same as every other plan I've sold. Rather pleasingly, only a couple of people have bought multiple copies of plans from me (which almost certainly means they were buying to resell). Most customers buy single plans, usually with some delay in between as they look through my vending machines for plans they don't already have.

Bear Arm is something I still need I saw only one for sale @ 17000 Caps as they are ultra rare not sure I want to pay that much though!

Weapon making plans and power armour making plans are the only equipment plans I don't have a list for. All the mods, but not the items themselves. So I don't know which ones I have and which I don't. I think I have plans for all of the weapons, but I don't know. I know I'm missing some plans for raider PA, T45, T51 and probably T60.

I managed to get complete sets of T51b & T45 power armour pieces (all 6 parts) so can make those now as well as finally getting the plans for armour for 80 Atoms (this alone cost me well over 20K caps as I had to buy several rare plans like the dense set which is one of the 0.003% drop rate plans)

I'm on 71/76 now.

as well as the Ultracite Gatling Laser Plan & a few other rare ones from present drops like the pole hook! Also did not realise there are a couple of plans for laser sights as well I did not have :eek: I reckon I have most plans for most things now except for the serums still missing a few of those & the last 3 stuffed animal heads never seem to drop either from gifts :(

I got the ultracite gatling laser plan months ago. I didn't know it was that rare. I got the pole hook plan yesterday...and I'm missing a mod for it. I'll have to look into whether it's one that can be learned from scrapping, one that requires a plan or one that can't be learned at all.

Here's my list of remaining unknown plans:

Armour Plans Not Learned
Plan: Heavy Metal Arms
Plan: Heavy Metal Legs
Plan: Heavy Metal Torso
Plan: Heavy Raider Legs
Plan: Heavy Raider Torso
Plan: Heavy Robot Legs
Plan: Heavy Robot Right Arms
Plan: Light Raider Torso
Plan: Sturdy Metal Arms
Plan: Sturdy Metal Legs
Plan: Sturdy Metal Torso
Plan: Sturdy Raider Legs
Plan: Sturdy Raider Torso
Plan: Vault 63 Jumpsuit
Plan: Vault 94 Jumpsuit
Plan: Vault 96 Jumpsuit

Pistols Known Unknown

Pipe Pistol 65 66
Plan: .38 receiver

Rifles Known Unknown

Radium rifle 18 45

Ultracite Laser 13 35

Heavy Guns Known Unknown

Ultracite Gatling Laser

Melee Known Unknown
Bear Arm 0 2

Boxing Glove 2 3
Plan: lead lining

Hatchet 0 1
Plan: electro fusion

Pitchfork 2 3
Plan: pitchfork flamer

Ski Sword 1 2
Plan: skate blade

Sheepsquatch club 2 6
Sheepsquatch staff 4 6

Sledgehammer 6 8
Plan: heavy shearing sharp rocket, heavy spiked rocket

Tenderizer 2 3
Plan: Either pepper or salt, don't recall which

Walking Cane 1 2
Plan: barbed

Pole Hook 0 1

Armor Known Unknown

Combat chest 13 14
Can: Fibreglass

Combat leg 13 14
Can: muffled

Marine chest 7 13
Can: hardened, asbestos,pocketed,pneumatic,biocommesh
Plan: dense

Marine arm 11 14
Can: hardened,aerodynamic,light,muffled
bugged - 4, not 3

Marine leg 10 13
Can: buttressed, sleek,lighter

Metal chest 11 13
Can: enamelled

Metal arm 12 15
Can: alloyed, aerodynamic,lighter

Metal leg 11 14
Can: polished, custom, lighter

Raider chest 11 13
Raider arm 12 14

Raider leg 12 13
Can: muffled.

Robot chest 11 12

Robot leg 12 14
Can: alloyed, enamelled

Trapper chest 10 13
Can: pneumatic, lighter

Trapper arm 10 14
Can: hardened, brawling,stablised,lighter,muffled
Bugged - 6, not 5. 16 listed on sheet, not 14.

Trapper leg 10 13
Can: sleek, lighter
Plan: ultra-light

As US will just be waking up soon I expect Bethesda to have to either hotfix this ASAP or take the adventure mode offline as its going to cause a lot of issues & upset for players. The inventory cannot be recovered once lost its gone forever so DMCA takedowns are probably heading towards the irresponsible people who published this as its big issues right now so many more players have noticed things going missing :(

I wouldn't expect anything from Bethesda other than greed. It would make sense for them to make this an all hands on deck emergency, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will do it.

Soldato
@Angilion
How do you manage to generate a list of all the plans you are missing still please?

For your 71/76 armour plans you need all 6 x Raider plans for sure as well as the Dense armour. Both will drop from the gifts but they are ultra rare expect to spend about 100K caps on gift paper to get the lot. I estimate I have spent about 120K caps now on gift paper in the last week alone to get most plans :eek: Just missing a small number now but these are the rarest of rare 0.003% drop rate plans so I am going to need to get big caps to buy them as no guarantee from the gift present drops of anything :(

Man of Honour
@Angilion
How do you manage to generate a list of all the plans you are missing still please?

Old school gaming style - by hand :)

I looked at a list of items and modifications to those objects that was generated from datamining and made publically available. The list also stated whether a mod could be learned from scrapping, learned only from a plan, learned only from the atomic shop or couldn't be learned at all due to a bug or deliberate setting in the game. I think you posted the link to that list a while back.

I then went through every item at the appropriate workstation, sometimes using items I made myself at the workstation and sometimes using items I found while scavving. I opened a text file in another window and made the list manually, checking each item in the modify submenu at the workbench, noting which mods I could apply, cross-checking that list against the list of all the mods for that item in the datamining list and typing a new list in the text file, a list of the mods for that item that were in the datamined list but not in the modify submenu in the workstation list for the items I was looking at. I checked every item I could. In some cases, I could skip the comparison of lists because the modify submenu on the workstation showed that I already knew all of the mods for the object I was looking at. But I still had to make or find one of every weapon and every piece of armour and check it at the relevant workstation.

As for the pieces of armour I can't make, the process was similar but less time consuming - I went to an armour workstation and went through each category in the crafting submenu so I could compare the list of armour pieces I could make with a list of all armour pieces.

I skipped doing all that for power armour because I decided enough was enough after doing it for all weapons and all unpowered armour :) I missed some details on some (for a few items, I listed how many mods were available and how many I knew, but didn't list the names of the mods I didn't know or whether they could be learned from scrapping or only from a plan).

The formatting is neater in my plan, but it hasn't carried over to the post in this forum. I was just using tab in Notepad to align text. Presumably the forum software strips that out.

For your 71/76 armour plans you need all 6 x Raider plans for sure as well as the Dense armour.

No, I don't. I need 5 more armour plans that I don't already know. I could get another 6 just from the metal armour pieces I don't yet know. 3 more from robot pieces I don't know. Maybe 3 more from vault suits. I don't know if they count or if they can be learned. But even without them, that's 9 more I could get without any more raider plans or dense plans and 9 is more than 5.

Both will drop from the gifts but they are ultra rare expect to spend about 100K caps on gift paper to get the lot. I estimate I have spent about 120K caps now on gift paper in the last week alone to get most plans :eek: Just missing a small number now but these are the rarest of rare 0.003% drop rate plans so I am going to need to get big caps to buy them as no guarantee from the gift present drops of anything :(

I don't chase caps like that, so there's no way I'll be spending that many caps on anything. I'm getting about 10K caps per week, nowhere near the 120K you're getting. 1400 a day from selling scav, a bit from finding a few caps here and there on corpses and in containers, a bit from selling plans at 50 caps each, less a bit for fast travel costs.

I'll get what I get. I've already got a few dense armour plans and a few raider armour plans. Maybe I'll get some more. Maybe I won't. Maybe I'll get those other armour plans I don't have. Maybe I won't. I know I'll get some fun from the Christmas event and some fun and satisfaction from knowing that my shop selling every plan at 50 caps (regardless of how rare they are) as a service to other players will be useful to some players and from having found out that nobody has bulk bought from my shop to resale at vastly higher prices because they can. A few people have bought multiple copies of the same plan, but I think that was probably in error as the game defaults to "buy all" rather than "buy 1". A couple of days ago I happened to be in my camp when a player came in and expressed their appreciation of what I'm doing with my camp by using the thumbs up emote and dropping some lemonade as a gift for me. That's worth more to me than maximising profit in pursuit of plans. It's how I play games. Different strokes for different folks.

Back
Top Bottom