World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
I level something else first, in this case a priest, and then collect as much stuff as I can to reduce the pain of levelling something else, in this case a warrior. So I keep all my healing potions, cloth, armor, weapons, buff food, food mats, etc. If you think levelling a rogue is bad, try a warrior. To think that a warrior was my first and main toon back in the day. Priest is faceroll in comparison.

Was going to say. Warriors are the slowest boring class I've played.

Caporegime
Was going to say. Warriors are the slowest boring class I've played.

Level 40 is where it's at, their whole play style changes. A well-played warrior will decimate a rogue in seconds, the only class I really struggled against were mages. I had a priest buddy back then and we used to absolutely melt faces together, it was immense fun.

No pocket healer means tearing your eyeballs out in frustration though.

Caporegime
I've heard Paladins are worse, if you can believe that.

Paladins are boring as hell to play, their whole rotation and DPS output is RNG based, but they're the king of single target healing output in the end game. They suck as tanks, they suck as DPS. Warrior can excel at both of these. Swings & roundabouts I guess.

I've MT'd on every plate class there is, DK is the most fun, Warrior is the most mobile, Paladin is the most utility / most cooldowns, but I'm heavily in to retail territory here.

Soldato
Paladins are boring as hell to play, their whole rotation and DPS output is RNG based, but they're the king of single target healing output in the end game. They suck as tanks, they suck as DPS. Warrior can excel at both of these. Swings & roundabouts I guess.

I've MT'd on every plate class there is, DK is the most fun, Warrior is the most mobile, Paladin is the most utility / most cooldowns, but I'm heavily in to retail territory here.

Paladin didn't really get its MT tools until TBC. We ran the whole of TBC with a Paladin MT, though.

Soldato
OP
Level 40 is where it's at, their whole play style changes. A well-played warrior will decimate a rogue in seconds, the only class I really struggled against were mages. I had a priest buddy back then and we used to absolutely melt faces together, it was immense fun.

No pocket healer means tearing your eyeballs out in frustration though.

I disagree to an extent, I remember back in vanilla face rolling all over warriors. It was a common mistake they made going toe to toe with a warrior. Just need crippling poison and keep up bleeds. Out of that, yea, warrior squishes rogues.

I level something else first, in this case a priest, and then collect as much stuff as I can to reduce the pain of levelling something else, in this case a warrior. So I keep all my healing potions, cloth, armor, weapons, buff food, food mats, etc. If you think levelling a rogue is bad, try a warrior. To think that a warrior was my first and main toon back in the day. Priest is faceroll in comparison.

I've done the same, got a warlock which has played the AH and netted me some very tidy profits. Kitting my rogue out and it's a great load of fun now, Lv's 14-20 were horrible though!

Last edited:
Associate
How is everyones AV rep grind going?

I had a really satisfying game while defending where the druid NPCs were triggered at the perfect time, they wiped the attackers and allowed us to retake the GY outside base. We went on to win..... Almost makes up for the prior 3 games where its over in 8mins.

Soldato
wow.jpg

I'm exalted so got my pig on a stick now :p

Running the above gear for PVP with a few changes for PVE. Got lucky on my savage glad chain as dropped on the 4th run, however HOJ was a different story haha.

Got all the mats for Hand of rag, but sadly the eye hasn't dropped yet, but having fun being allowed to raid as the only enhancement Shammy.

Don
Haha! Once it is seen, it can not be unseen! :cool:

we’ve not had Eye of Ragnaros either yet.

I’m really just looking for the T2 priest pants now, everything else I have is give or take as good as it gets.

BWL is due out in a couple of weeks time or so so I’m pretty well prepared.

The funny thing is, we’re short of dps, particularly melee.

Soldato

Actually once they get access to consecrate they are one of the best levelling tanks available, the only time they become unviable really is endgame because of a lack of role specific items past end game blues and some purples, and the lack of taunt.

I've heard Paladins are worse, if you can believe that.

Yeap nope you cant believe it, warriors are widely known to be the worst class to level, where paladins have a boring rotation relying on auto attacks and judgement cooldowns, warriors is even worse, spam sunder until the mob is almost dead then Heroic strike, auto attack to victory. Level 36 when you get whirlwind is the first time you get access to a non auto attack based damage ability. Some compared to paladins even the attack rotation for warriors is worse, then you remove the utility and sustainability of paladins (bubble, heal, remove poisons/disease/magic) and you are left with warrior.

Paladins do get more pigeonholed at 60, but they excel at their role.

Soldato
So on my rogue I've got 5 tier 1, 0 tier 2 (although next in line for the helm even though its less crit urgh), core hound tooth but still no perditions blade. Been killing ragnaros for over 3 months now and we had 1 which went to a rogue who then quit the game 2 weeks later lol. Its so frustrating to have stunted dps because the weapon I need never drops! Sure my DPS is good, but its not anywhere near as good as it could be -.-

Due to that, I'm struggling to find the will to log in outside of raids now. We've had more eye of sulfuras than the dagger from the same boss.... same with the sword and axe!

Ske

Ske

Associate
So on my rogue I've got 5 tier 1, 0 tier 2 (although next in line for the helm even though its less crit urgh), core hound tooth but still no perditions blade. Been killing ragnaros for over 3 months now and we had 1 which went to a rogue who then quit the game 2 weeks later lol. Its so frustrating to have stunted dps because the weapon I need never drops! Sure my DPS is good, but its not anywhere near as good as it could be -.-

Due to that, I'm struggling to find the will to log in outside of raids now. We've had more eye of sulfuras than the dagger from the same boss.... same with the sword and axe!

What are you using instead of Perd? Lobo, Gutgore Ripper? I'm currently grinding AV rep for the Lobo & Ring. Yet to have done MC as I can't commit to a certain time. Tempted to dive in a PUG this weekend as there's several that clear it regularly on Shazzrah.

Back
Top Bottom