A California church has spent almost a week trying to raise a 2-year-old girl from the dead

Caporegime
It is a bit like some of the baby Alfie stuff, the amount of extra stress the family and their army of supporters caused the staff at that Hospital in Liverpool was ridiculous. At one point the supporters wanted to storm the hospital and kidnap him because some religious hospital in Italy had rather unhelpfully (and pointlessly) offered to take him in etc...

Soldato
The real question is how much money left their pockets during this exercise in stupidity? In one manner it's obviously rather nice to have a community to belong to, but this is just offensive and in my view damaging to the parents (and perhaps others) who don't need false hope at the time of need.

The 5 stages of grief shouldn't just be rerunning the initial stage of denial over and over again, that's simply unhealthy and repugnant for any institution to resolve to keep people in this state. Though i'm sure it's very healthy for the evangelical establishment who couldn't give a **** about it whatsoever and just want to grift people's wealth from them.

Absolutely, religion is a racket.

Permabanned
We all die that is a fact of life, like animals we once would had had a lot of kids (my grandparents were from 12 and 14) due to the sad fact there was a good chance not all would make it to adulthood back in those days basically due to poverty/health.

I do not see how anyone including a child dying changes the oldest question of if God exists or not as nobody yet or ever will prove or disprove that, I am not talking man made religion.

I know losing a child must be tragic but today its all over the news up and down the country where as in those days above it would have be part of daily life trying to survive and no doubt effect the family but they would just have to get on with it.

IMO they were made of better stuff in those days and could handle hardship better as today generation (my self included born in 70's) could never have handled what my parents/grandparents lived with and I will not even bother to say what I think of the younger generation who cannot go a few mins without their phones never mind a rook over there head, power or food.

Soldato
The Pope came out with a good one this morning, "god loves even the most evil among us" so priests can carry on kiddy fiddling knowing that god still loves them

Soldato
The Pope came out with a good one this morning, "god loves even the most evil among us" so priests can carry on kiddy fiddling knowing that god still loves them

Biblically though, this is only in the same way parents love their children; but that doesnt mean God approves of it. Redemption is offered but again it comes with a high cost and massive sacrifice.

Soldato
So many religious nutters totally believe that what they are saying will actually happen, when nothing does happen they look even more stupid than usual but still don't get the very obvious message

Recommended for you

Megachurch pastor: God is going to ‘step in’ and bring Trump’s impeachment ‘to a close’

There was a church in the US that told it's followers that the world was going to end as there was a secret message in the Bible. A lot sold their belongings and cashed in their children's education funds(why?... you cannot take it with you). It did not happen so he apologised and said that the event was in nine months time as he had miscalculated. More sold houses etc and it did not happen. So now some of the followers of that church are homeless. Some also gave away all their cash.
This was in the news last year. Nutters.

When the little girl remains dead then it will be the fault of the followers 'for not believing enough' Where have I heard that before.

Soldato
Yeah so this science stuff we've got, we've been working on it for literally centuries, learning new things and understanding how the human body works.

Yeah, let's just throw all that in the bin because a 20 century old book says that magic is possible.

Idiots, I bet they're all anti-choice, anti-vaxxers and possibly Corbyn supporters too.

I hope this is a troll post.

Getting so wound up over a news story isn't good for you.

Back
Top Bottom