Crysis 3 issue with new pc

Associate
As per title I cannot get Crysis 3 through Origin to run.

I click on either the icon, or through origin library, and it doesn't do anything, like it doesn't load?

Just was going to try my new built pc to see how it fares against this game and replay it.

PC is a 3950x Ryzen, 32gb ram and 2 x vega 56.

Any one encountered this?

Associate
OP
Might not have enough cores
Thought too many haha? Maybe i should try what they did with the 2990wx threadrippers?

Have you tried verifying the games files, also worth checking you have the relevant runtime files installed?
I installed origin and downloaded the game from scratch. It didn't work, then I hit repair and again it didn't work. Ill do some more internet check but i find it weird that i cannot find much info

Soldato
Look through the log file, if the game has one, in the game's directory. I had a similar problem with ME3 a few days ago, but in my case I had removed a DLC patch folder and forgot to slot it back in (was modding). I figured it out once I looked in the log file the game generates when it fails to start. Also had a similar situation with Saint's Row 3, where the game refuses to boot at all, but I can't remember what happened there, it was some sort of incompatibility with Windows 10 and a recent patch, or some such thing.

Associate
OP
In this case the answer is

It Can Not Run Crysis.

:D

This will be the problem
Haha, true i should send that back to amd and tell them how their 3950x and both vegas suck. or more like EA. All i can say is my q9550 was running this game with one vega on 4k and this thing failed to launch it haha.
Honestly i really like how hassle free are the consoles with games.

Update as i just came back home, i read somewhere to delete some files and an extra step that i skipped.

In programdata, Electronic Arts folder, EA Services, and had to delete the License.

Now it loads into the game so, as i don't have my saves i didn't go past the intro but i assume now it works as before it wouldn't even load anything.

I will give it a try tomorrow on the new ultrawide santa presie :D.

And yes i had XFire disabled as i thought it would be the issue.

Thank you all for the quick replies helped to look into things I wouldn't have thought.

Soldato
ynYlpBC.png

No :D

Honestly though, the problem is, such games are "abandoned" from mainstream support so many issues which crop up never get addressed and the community have to work it out whereas on a console, the game simply may not get released on the new console to avoid such problems or gets a fancy "remaster" which is gimped with features removed for literally No reason.

I cannot believe it is a 2013 release.

Associate
OP
ynYlpBC.png

No :D

Honestly though, the problem is, such games are "abandoned" from mainstream support so many issues which crop up never get addressed and the community have to work it out whereas on a console, the game simply may not get released on the new console to avoid such problems or gets a fancy "remaster" which is gimped with features removed for literally No reason.

I cannot believe it is a 2013 release.

Ahahaha love the picture.

I can't believe that the game is only 10.5Gbytes and looks how it looks still now to me it looks wow.

Just unwrapped my xmas pressie today, and loved the wide screen aspect ratio but god how dissappointed i got, crysis 3 the first level was would only run 20-30 fps maxed out and processor practically asleep.

Had to put it to xfire to make do with better fps.

Back
Top Bottom