Anyone know the difference between these Beats Solo3 Headphones ?

Soldato
Im guessing you’ve never experienced it then?

I have 3 pairs of sony noise cancelling earphones, its at best Some limited noise cancelling, you still hear people talking, most noises etc ec
its effective against certain frequency of noise, its an OK feature but hardly anything to write about for me. I was not impressed or maybe it will need
to be more noise cancelled before I could use it as useful feature. Thats just my personal opinion, I'm sure its useful feature for some under very specific conditions.

Permabanned
I forgot Psycho Sonny is the forums resident Audiophile and VideoPhile (he did love his "kind of higher end" Plasma. :p

So I should have bought two sets of headphones, Sony for outdoor and some better sounding wired ones for indoor doh I am doing it all wrong. :mad:

Well I was not impressed by the shaped sound or the NC of the Sony (added to burning ear lobs after 20mins even in cold weather), I cannot help if I have exceptionally good hearing and the NC did next to nothing for me but to be fair it was said that firmware they came with made the NC worse then the previous one (Reddit thread), I did get one newer update days before I got rid of them but NC was same.

The software was also buggy (two Apps), had to manually enter to make the change from 44.1hz to 96hz every time i connected till I removed the software and left it to Android to take care of it.

Putting aside the video reviews of some guys walking about a busy street all happy they can hardly hear any noise while wearing a beanie hat and glasses (pads are not going to passively seal well) I can only assume they are "poor of hearing"

I know they do well with plane engine noise/AC noise but the talking passengers/screaming kids will not be cut out by today's technology and with NC on vs not on/no music I found it changed other noises to be more annoying (traffic noise), again some owners say this was the newer Firmware to blame letting MIC leak in sound but I cannot compare to older one.

My free advise is Psycho Sonny you seem to like to aggressively force your opinions on to others, so how about your accept that they have theirs and it differs from yours and you are not always right but even then do not know when to quit.

Caporegime
I forgot Psycho Sonny is the forums resident Audiophile and VideoPhile (he did love his "kind of higher end" Plasma. :p

So I should have bought two sets of headphones, Sony for outdoor and some better sounding wired ones for indoor doh I am doing it all wrong. :mad:

Well I was not impressed by the shaped sound or the NC of the Sony (added to burning ear lobs after 20mins even in cold weather), I cannot help if I have exceptionally good hearing and the NC did next to nothing for me but to be fair it was said that firmware they came with made the NC worse then the previous one (Reddit thread), I did get one newer update days before I got rid of them but NC was same.

The software was also buggy (two Apps), had to manually enter to make the change from 44.1hz to 96hz every time i connected till I removed the software and left it to Android to take care of it.

Putting aside the video reviews of some guys walking about a busy street all happy they can hardly hear any noise while wearing a beanie hat and glasses (pads are not going to passively seal well) I can only assume they are "poor of hearing"

I know they do well with plane engine noise/AC noise but the talking passengers/screaming kids will not be cut out by today's technology and with NC on vs not on/no music I found it changed other noises to be more annoying (traffic noise), again some owners say this was the newer Firmware to blame letting MIC leak in sound but I cannot compare to older one.

My free advise is Psycho Sonny you seem to like to aggressively force your opinions on to others, so how about your accept that they have theirs and it differs from yours and you are not always right but even then do not know when to quit.

Everyone in this thread has said xm3's is great I suggest you go read every post in here. I think only one person has slated them which is you

Permabanned
In this thread as the topic is not about XM3's (sorry to the OP) but if you use search (XM3 and XM4) you will see many others have the same view.

FYI I have read this thread as I was first to reply to it and replied since so take a leaf out your own book.

At the end of the day I decide what my ears like or do not like not review sites or "experts" on a forum.

Soldato
no doubt I agree, I owned them too but they are far better than beats. I owned a pair of amirons and they are by far the best wireless headphones out but decided to just buy a wireless/portable anp/dac and use a normal headphones. Much better sound quality, frankly Noise cancelling is biggest gimmick I ever heard in my life.
When I'm on a flight, my Sony WH1000 XM3s block out so much external noise that it's easy to forget I'm even on a plane, without noise cancelling, I'd have to turn my volume to max and I'd still be hearing loads of noise. Where's the gimmick there?

Soldato

You're talking so much poo, you need to brush your teeth.

Back
Top Bottom