Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals not working

Soldato
Got a Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals (accelerator and brake) for the wee fellas Christmas for his XB1 and we can't get it to work. Tried it with Forza Horizons 4 and FM7. When you boot up the XB1 the wheel appears to calibrate, turning left and right and there are a couple of lights lit on it (a red one near the Mode button). But then it doesn't do anything. Steering doesn't work, neither do the pedals. Rebooted, removed power from the wheel etc, still no dice.

The strange thing is when we first connected it up initially, the steering and accelerator worked but not the brake. Now its refusing to do anything.

Is there a knack to setting these up, or a sequence you need to plug things in/boot up to get it to respond. Driving me (or not as the case may be) up the wall as the wee fella is disappointed its not working and dad here can't figure it out!! I can see this being a long day!

Any advice appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Ah. Went to folks for Christmas dinner today. Just got back, fired up his XB1 and the wheel and pedals are doing the same, going through the calibration etc but not working. Google not really coming up with much info.

Associate
Ah. Went to folks for Christmas dinner today. Just got back, fired up his XB1 and the wheel and pedals are doing the same, going through the calibration etc but not working. Google not really coming up with much info.

Had a google and found this in a PDF on the Thrustmaster website:

Completely resetting the Xbox One console’s USB ports
(in order to fix issues such as failed self-calibration, wheel not recognized, some missing
Force Feedback effects, conflict with the gamepad, etc.)
* The USB ports on the Xbox One are always On (even when the console is Off)
* To completely reset the console’s USB ports:
- Power off the console.
- Disconnect the power cable from the back of the console
(the LED on the console’s power supply turns ORANGE).
- Leave the wheel connected to the console.
- Reconnect the power cable to the back of the console
(the LED on the console’s power supply turns WHITE).
- Power the console back on using the XBOX button located on the console
- Start the game using the wheel.

Hope it helps!

Soldato
OP
Cheers, tried that too m8, didn't really seem to work but I found another post about it which seems to have dome the trick. Seems to have fixed it "TAKE 2"!!! :D

Apparently what you need to do is start the XBox with the normal controller SWITCHED OFF completely. You need to start the XB1 with the wheel, rather than the controller. Seems to be working now.

V F

V F

Soldato
Cheers, tried that too m8, didn't really seem to work but I found another post about it which seems to have dome the trick. Seems to have fixed it "TAKE 2"!!! :D

Apparently what you need to do is start the XBox with the normal controller SWITCHED OFF completely. You need to start the XB1 with the wheel, rather than the controller. Seems to be working now.

Ah, it's a Thrustmaster thing. It's the same on PS4, you must never start a game with the controller active. As the controller overrides the wheel. You can use the controller after the game was launched first with the wheel.

Associate

Nice one.
Christmas saved!

Soldato
OP
Ah, it's a Thrustmaster thing. It's the same on PS4, you must never start a game with the controller active. As the controller overrides the wheel. You can use the controller after the game was launched first with the wheel.

Cool, ta, yeah - that's a bit weird but now that I know that, it's all good. Thanks. :)

Nice one.
Christmas saved!

Yep, wee fella is a happy chappy! :D

Back
Top Bottom