Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [26th - 27th December 2019]

Man of Honour
Well, removed the amazon prime video app on my tv, redownloaded it. (Although it said last update was 03/08/2018) , its version 1.1.33. Didnt make any difference, looks like I will have to stick to the PC

Soldato
Well, removed the amazon prime video app on my tv, redownloaded it. (Although it said last update was 03/08/2018) , its version 1.1.33. Didnt make any difference, looks like I will have to stick to the PC

I find the app on my TV is terrible also, If I use the PS4 and play it through that, it is better. Would prefer to watch it from my TV though instead of firing up the PS4

Must be the internet connection?

Soldato
We have bee amazing so far everything has been done well, still feel a second is needed as they only need one good counter for vardy to maybe nick one for em

Caporegime
disagree. from what i saw arsenal had more of the ball and created more chances then Them.

Bournemouth started off the game in 1st gear, they allowed Arsenal basically all the time and space they wanted on the ball, we had like 9 shots on goal before we got one on target. We had 2 shots on target the whole game, they had 4, our keeper made a couple good saves, theirs really didn't need to. We were making meh chances and shooting badly and mostly during a period Bournemouth were giving us ample time and space. The second they turned up to 3rd gear they got a goal and Xhaka looked hopelessly lost again. Being 'good' while the opposition is giving you space and biding their time is not actually playing well, it's lack of pressured situations where you make a fool of yourself.

Ozil disappeared after 20 minutes as Bournemouth started to increase pressure and was invisible for the rest of the game. Nelson... isn't a premier league footballer, I think he'll struggle in league two, Pepe showed more ambition, attitude and ability in the first 2 minutes on the pitch than Laca, nelson or Ozil showed over the whole game.

Xhaka was hopeless when put under pressure and could have conceded a second goal when he randomly decided not to head out the ball at the edge of the penalty box but instead decided to fight the attacker behind him. He backed away from the ball into the player except the player saw it and just stepped around him. From an easy header to win he let them have the ball in the box for no reason other than he's straight up stupid.

Poor performance hidden by the fact that Bournemouth's gameplan was seemingly bide their time, absorb some pressure, let Arsenal run a bit and then come at them after half an hour. Outside of the first 20-30 minutes Bournemouth made the better chances and played better overall. We only looked good early because they let us.

Arteta's team choice made me pretty damn worried. Clean sheet is all well and good but watch the last 10 games and you can see who performed and who didn't and shockingly, the same players failed to perform today.
Laca has been horrendous since he came back from his short injury, like truly shockingly bad. Can't make a 10 yard pass, can't shoot, can't do much of anything. Sacrificing Auba to the wing for Laca? The same horrible choice Freddie made?

Back
Top Bottom