How do you get the smell of weed out of a flat?

Caporegime
Weed is a gateway drug.

Legalising only makes people more likely to take other stuff too which isn't legal.

Like los angeles I'm sure the people walking around talking to themselves and punching the air aren't taking weed but it's likely how they started.

Sure some people smoke recreationally and can do it responsibly however just as many don't.

Stoners only ever look at the positives never the negatives.

Take a look at cbd in this country a lot of ex drug dealers have now started to sell this. People who have been in prison etc.

These are guys who would sell pills to kids etc now saying buy this oil it's all good.

The people who sell coke will also be selling weed too, etc.
Pro tip: Reefer Madness is not a suitable Xmas film

Soldato
You grinch Where's the Christmas spirit :rolleyes:

Lots of things are drugs, don't go calling the police on your family and friends when they've had a bit of scotch :(

Just trying to get rid of the odor d weed
The problem is, my friends and family aren't affecting your family when they've had a tipple or two. But your neighbours are affecting your family, indeed also your children.

Would I want any of my children to be breathing in others drugs through no fault of their own? No is the only answer to that question.

Would I report anybody, whether they are friends, family neighbours or strangers, if me or my family inadvertently consumed their illegal of drugs that they are using? Yes, not a problem.

The problem these days is that far too many people turn a blind eye to what others do in their neighbourhoods. They eventually wonder why their area is going down the swanny and look at moving away from the problems, rather than reporting these problems to the relevant people and authorities. As these people who turn a blind eye move away from the area, others moving in will see how badly ran down the area is and not want to move there and it ends up that the only people who want to move in are those alike the bad apples in the area.

I'm not at all sorry for either this post or my earlier post. People need to stand up to problems if they want them dealt with. They shouldn't expect others to fix the problems for them.

Soldato
Weed is a gateway drug.

Legalising only makes people more likely to take other stuff too which isn't legal.

Like los angeles I'm sure the people walking around talking to themselves and punching the air aren't taking weed but it's likely how they started.

Sure some people smoke recreationally and can do it responsibly however just as many don't.

Stoners only ever look at the positives never the negatives.

Take a look at cbd in this country a lot of ex drug dealers have now started to sell this. People who have been in prison etc.

These are guys who would sell pills to kids etc now saying buy this oil it's all good.

The people who sell coke will also be selling weed too, etc.

hahahahaha you for real? ironically you'd benefit from chillin out abit... :p

Associate
OP
The problem is, my friends and family aren't affecting your family when they've had a tipple or two. But your neighbours are affecting your family, indeed also your children.

Would I want any of my children to be breathing in others drugs through no fault of their own? No is the only answer to that question.

Would I report anybody, whether they are friends, family neighbours or strangers, if me or my family inadvertently consumed their illegal of drugs that they are using? Yes, not a problem.

The problem these days is that far too many people turn a blind eye to what others do in their neighbourhoods. They eventually wonder why their area is going down the swanny and look at moving away from the problems, rather than reporting these problems to the relevant people and authorities. As these people who turn a blind eye move away from the area, others moving in will see how badly ran down the area is and not want to move there and it ends up that the only people who want to move in are those alike the bad apples in the area.

I'm not at all sorry for either this post or my earlier post. People need to stand up to problems if they want them dealt with. They shouldn't expect others to fix the problems for them.

It's OK you can have an opinion honestly. It's just you really have to consider everything before jumping into defcon 1.

reporting people doesn't really help a situation most of the time, whilst it was extremely nauseating last night it wasn't going to cause any criminal or medical issues. And it ended up being sorted and even now I don't feel like a bunch of ribs in a smoker.

Btw what you are referring to is the broken window theory, and really removing that issue only makes the cause of the problem move to another area. It takes time but removing the criminal element of drugs requires changing the ideology for the next generation.

I will also state I was offered no product for my fairly biased responses on marijuana usage. :D:cool:

Soldato

They have just moved in to a new place, I doubt they have any idea what the neighbours are like, it would not take much to put two and two together and wonder if the folk who just moved in above dobbed them in.

Meanwhile, instead of jumping to phone the police, and potentially causing trouble for the family from the neighbours, he has taken the time to look into it and found there is a rubber seal that is broken and letting the smell in, I guess he has fixed this now, and, nobody has been hurt, etc.

While there is obviously a time and place for for what you are suggesting, it is not always the first thing someone should do, nothing wrong with weighing up the situation first.

Associate
OP
They have just moved in to a new place, I doubt they have any idea what the neighbours are like, it would not take much to put two and two together and wonder if the folk who just moved in above dobbed them in.

Meanwhile, instead of jumping to phone the police, and potentially causing trouble for the family from the neighbours, he has taken the time to look into it and found there is a rubber seal that is broken and letting the smell in, I guess he has fixed this now, and, nobody has been hurt, etc.

While there is obviously a time and place for for what you are suggesting, it is not always the first thing someone should do, nothing wrong with weighing up the situation first.

Yep no one hurt, place now smells decent. Repaired seal, bit of cleaning lots of cooking and a friendly talk and all is chill. Original issue was that air fresheners literally did nothing, it was like a comic con fanboy that hasn't washed in a year being masked by Lynx.

Associate
OP
^^ just spotted your name, lol, how fitting xD

Hope you and your family are enjoying your new place and are happy btw! All the best

We are, everyone was asleep and I got a good deep clean so no else noticed other then the place smelling very fragrant :D

This was the door before, going to check with social landlord but seems like time to replace the door at least. We've got someone fitting flooring beginning of new year but until then a simple poundland seal replacement and door brush seal will do.

tq3T1po.jpg

Soldato
I'm sure it will look better after they have time to make it into a home :) it's not uncommon for places to look a bit run down before they have become available, for whatever reason with previous tenant.

Soldato
Is it far more destructive though?

Are there gangs shooting each other selling scotch? Has scotch created narco states.

It's amazing how pot heads think they are above everyone else.

It's illegal and pot heads is just a fancy name for junkies.

You should go visit places where it's legal and look at their use levels of illegal drugs and homelessness compared to where it is illegal.

But yeah keep on smoking the good stuff.

It should be used medicinally only. Recreational use is terrible. I've seen what it does to people and people that say it's fine are too stoned to know any better as their brains are fried.

Alcohol is by far a worse drug than Cannabis. It's just, for some bizarre reason, seen as more socially acceptable. Give it a while and the UK will catch up to the rest of the world.
What I find really weird is when I tell people I don't really drink unless I am having a meal. They quiz me to work out why I'm the one who doesn't drink to excess as if I'm the weird one for not wanting to literally swallow a poison.

OP - You'll find most smokers will be more than reasonable. I'd say either a little friendly knock on the door or maybe a letter explaining you can smell it in your property and would appreciate if they could mask the smell more. No need to get the police involved and knocking on their door.

Now, if they're low-lives who have no respect for anyone but themselves and you've tried to be civil. Then I presume you'd have nothing left to try but call the police.

Associate
OP
Christ looks like a prison cell from that picture!
I thought that, my garage looks cleaner.

Definitely a fixer, we only moved in on 23/24th there are children's drawings on the walls, half torn paper, damaged tiles. But you get what you can afford and work with it.

Our last was even worse there wasn't a wall without holes, or damp issues. Took about 2 months of labour but ended up looking ace. Its a nice feeling when you get to transform a building to a home.

Soldato
Definitely a fixer, we only moved in on 23/24th there are children's drawings on the walls, half torn paper, damaged tiles. But you get what you can afford and work with it.

Our last was even worse there wasn't a wall without holes, or damp issues. Took about 2 months of labour but ended up looking ace. Its a nice feeling when you get to transform a building to a home.
Presume it's rented, do you not feel... What's the word. Miffed off fixing someone else's place up.
Id want to move into a clean and tidy place.
Guessing when you move it you leave it a lot better.

Associate
OP
Presume it's rented, do you not feel... What's the word. Miffed off fixing someone else's place up.

Rented social nothing private that is adapted for partners needs around here.

Tbh it riles me up to think someone could let it get to this state, it even says on tenancy agreement the place should be left in a good decorative state.

The next person moving into our old place will be happy, the condition was good enough for keep carpets, no advice all repairs done and painted in a neutral cool colours so easy to repaint.

But in one way at least it keeps me busy and distracted when my missus doesn't need any help + I get to pull out all my tools.

Soldato

If it is social rent, then councils and housing associations are very stingy when it comes to redecoration. Which is just a consequence of the limited budgets they have as well as papers like the dailymail.

Soldato
If it is social rent, then councils and housing associations are very stingy when it comes to redecoration. Which is just a consequence of the limited budgets they have as well as papers like the dailymail.
Its taken two years for my dads housing association to fix a hole in the roof, enough time for a whole crack to be worn away by the water from the top to the bottom of the wall... it was an inch thick in places... black mould on the ceiling etc etc. I don't think they would have even done anything about it if he had not ended up in hospital etc and had to go back home to recover... proper shocking.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its taken two years for my dads housing association to fix a hole in the roof, enough time for a whole crack to be worn away by the water from the top to the bottom of the wall... it was an inch thick in places... black mould on the ceiling etc etc. I don't think they would have even done anything about it if he had not ended up in hospital etc and had to go back home to recover... proper shocking.

Yet when I was working in Brixton prison, all the inmates who came in would break their toilet seats on the first day so they'd get a nice new one. Same day.

Windows was another common one, because the old windows had bigger gaps in them than the London tube network some of the inmates used to just rip the frame to pieces and get a nice new one installed. Same day.

This country's priorities are a bit borked atm.

Caporegime
an air purifier/carbon filter is probably the best thing, you can buy smaller portable ones

These don't work all that well tbh. We've got one at home, it's basically a fan with a carbon filter. It helps a bit, and will clear the air a wee bit but it won't get the smell out of sofas / curtains / etc.

Side point, if you have one and need to replace the filter, don't buy the brand one, you can get them much cheaper from companies like Camfil, Concept Filter Products or similar. Just make sure the dimensions are exactly the same and carbon and you'll be fine. They'll probably have them on the shelf too, these are often industry standard stuff, we use them in massive air handling units.

Back
Top Bottom