How does postage work on eBay?

Soldato
First time I've sold for years. The auction has ended and I click relavant link then I get the buyers details and postage options. It's seems you buy the postage here. Do I have to print something out or get a postage code to put on the parcel or what do you do?

Man of Honour
I don't use any of the pay and print malarkey, I just write the address on the packaging and take it to the post office, paying for whatever service I said I would on the listing. Either that or use collect+. If its tracked I enter the code in when marking it as "dispatched" on the site, and keep the receipts until I either receive feedback or it's been a few weeks.

Soldato
It should be cheaper to use the pay and print stuff as the rates should be cheaper than what you would get directly with Royal Mail.

I don't use any of the pay and print malarkey, I just write the address on the packaging and take it to the post office, paying for whatever service I said I would on the listing. Either that or use collect+. If its tracked I enter the code in when marking it as "dispatched" on the site, and keep the receipts until I either receive feedback or it's been a few weeks.
please keep receipts for at least 6 months, as the buyer can claim CC chargeback if you dont have receipts you cannot defend it, had it recently glad i kept them

Back
Top Bottom