******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Yeah, tho its moved along quite well this year. Server Side Object Container Streaming is now in and working, the final version of the procedural planet tech is in, the first half of weather tech is in, the first half of persistence is in, the Stanton System is almost complete, all that's left to do is New Babbage interiors, MicroTech points of interest and finally the Crusader Gas Giant 'place holder' removed and replaced with one built from a giant ball of Gas Cloud Tech with the Orison floating city added. And then Stanton is done.

At that point Squadron 42 should be in its final stages of development and then Alpha / Beta polishing which will free up development to expand the Persistent Universe.

Roadmap. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

Starmap. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

Caporegime
Is SQ42 due for beeeeeeta 2020 @humbug ?

As Calin Banc said:

Baaaaaata Q3 2020

Q3 2019
AI: Complete
Game Play: Complete
Core Tech: Complete
Ships:
Idris M: 49/64. Javelin: 60/70

Q4 2019
Characters:
Titan Suit: Scheduled

AI:
Ace Pilot: 1/12.
Landing Take-Off and Landing: Complete.
Use Cover: 4/8.
FPS Weapon Types: 106/111.
Gun Ships: Complete.
Walk and Talk: 32/51

Gameplay:
Stealth: 3/7.
Conversation System: 5/12.
Vents Hatches: Scheduled.
FPS Close Combat: Complete.
Player Status System: 31/52.

Core Tech:
HDR Colour Processing: Scheduled.
Gas Cloud VFX: 16/25.
Atmospheric Effects V2: 1/6.
Physical Damage System: 2/13.
Cloth Sim V2: 8/25.
Shield Effects v2: Scheduled.
Load / Save: 11/21.
Player Interaction System Improvements: 42/75.
Procedural Asteroids v2: Complete.

Ships:
Greycat Industrial Cydnus: 11/20.
Vanduul Cleaver: 18/21.
Vanduul Void: 31/40.
Vanduul Driller: 28/40.
Drake Cutlass Red: 2/14.
MISC Hull-C: Scheduled.
Vanduul Kingship: 26/40.
Vanduul Stinger: 33/42.
Weapon Racks: Scheduled.
Vanduul Hunter: 31/34.
RSI Bengal: 29/47.

Q1 2020
Characters:
Basilisk Armor - Advocacy: 6/14.
Gunner 10/14

AI:
FPS: Stealth v3: 3/6.
FPS: Navigation v2: 8/14.
FPS: Realistic Firing v2: 6/12.
FPS: Combat Behaviors v2: 11/19.
Flight: Wingman Commands: Scheduled.

Gameplay:
Body Dragging: 6/21.
Death Animations Improvements: 9/13.
Object Push and Pull: Scheduled.
Zero-G Push and Pull: 1/2.
NPC Healing: Scheduled.

Core Tech:
General Rendering Performance Improvements: Scheduled.
Image Quality & Cinematic Rendering Improvements: Scheduled.
Mesh & Geometry Streaming Improvements: 1/4.
Real Time Reflection Improvements: Scheduled.
Large Scale Shadow Improvements: 1/4.
Physics Queue Refactor: 15/92.

Q2 2020
Characters:
Shipjacker Heavy: 9/15.

AI:
Flight: Atmospheric Combat: Scheduled
FPS: Cover Usage v2: 2/6
Flight: Mission logic additional controls: 4/7
Flight: Mission Improvements v2: Scheduled
Core AI Improvements: 13/27
Flight: Formations: 6/19
Social AI v2: 85/93
FPS: Grenades: 1/3
Vanduul Combat Behavior: 7/29
FPS: Close Combat: (shouldn't be here, was brought forward and completed)
FPS: Titan: Scheduled
Companion AI: 2/16

Gameplay:
Mounted Guns: 2/3.
Mag Boots: Scheduled.
Locomotion v2: 4/12
Seated Item Handling: Scheduled
Cockpit Interaction: 0/3
Player Slide: Scheduled
Player Swim: Scheduled
Player Locomotion Stairs Improvements: Scheduled

Core Tech:
Weapon and Item Customization: Scheduled

Weapons and Items:
Basilisk Deployable Shield: Scheduled

Q3 2020

BETA

All logged so i can see what moves ^^^^^

Last edited:
Soldato
Really hope we can expect SQ42 by next year - I’m really more enthusiastic about the single player campaign than the MMO section...

Soldato

I am not holding my breath. I am now firmly in the don't get hopes up camp. It will come when it comes but I have followed dates for this game for years and every one has missed. Don't get me wrong I am not throwing toys out of pram but so much time and effort has been wasted by throwing out stuff........ Not to mention they have fed us a lot of BS.it was not that long ago we were told S42 was playable from start to finish and it was just a matter of internal bug testing and actually putting it together. I now believe that was a bare face lie.

Soldato
@humbug Cheers for the extensive answer .

Yes or no would have sufficed though :p

Really hope we can expect SQ42 by next year - I’m really more enthusiastic about the single player campaign than the MMO section...

As am I, originally the MMO side is what attracted me but over time I'm actually looking forward to the single player part. Maybe in part due to them keeping it a surprise so to speak.

Soldato
I am not holding my breath. I am now firmly in the don't get hopes up camp. It will come when it comes but I have followed dates for this game for years and every one has missed. Don't get me wrong I am not throwing toys out of pram but so much time and effort has been wasted by throwing out stuff........ Not to mention they have fed us a lot of BS.it was not that long ago we were told S42 was playable from start to finish and it was just a matter of internal bug testing and actually putting it together. I now believe that was a bare face lie.

I like to compared it with ArmA 3 as it has roughly the same mix of air/ground forces plus infantry feel (to me), although it focuses more on infantry combat, while SQ42 is more about the ships/flying. ArmA 3 comes from a studio with lots of experience, PC only, since the days of Operation Flashpoint, but even with that, after so many years ArmA 3 has been lunched, the game has pretty much every aspect of it broken or working so poorly that I play it mainly due to its potential more than anything else and always I quit playing after a while due to the shortcomings.

Probably at some point they could have putted together a game in a similar state to that one (at least on the single player side), with bad performance, AI, UI and, as a result, gameplay. For me the wait is worth it, at least they'll do what they can to put out the best version they could make make until that point. I doubt perfection will be reached, so I'll keep my the under control. :)

Soldato
I paid 34 quid for this about 7 years ago (at a guess). I bought into their hype.

Now we approach 2020 and they still have no finished product for my initial outlay.

If/when they release something I imagine they will do it in such a way that early adopters need to buy back in again anyway. The ship I chose way back then will probably be redundant and I'll be forced to spend money.

The scope of what they claim to be doing is impressive but by the time it's delivered the only people that will care will be 30 something loners with nothing else to spend their money on.

Soldato
Who knows what'll happen. Guess all we can do is hope for the best :D

In today's odd bug report: I upgraded my Cutlass to a Freelancer for a tenner, but for some reason, I can still spawn a Cutlass (there are 7 duplicates lol) and I also now have an Anvil Hornet that I never bought :confused: Wonder how long they'll last?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I paid 34 quid for this about 7 years ago (at a guess). I bought into their hype.

Now we approach 2020 and they still have no finished product for my initial outlay.

If/when they release something I imagine they will do it in such a way that early adopters need to buy back in again anyway. The ship I chose way back then will probably be redundant and I'll be forced to spend money.

The scope of what they claim to be doing is impressive but by the time it's delivered the only people that will care will be 30 something loners with nothing else to spend their money on.
Actually my understanding is you will be getting both Star Citizen and SQ42 where as people buy now will have to get them separate. I could be wrong however. But from what I have seen if they ever do release it you will have gotten more bang for your buck not less.

I sold the AMD racing ship I got for about £80 as I recall, so for the bounty hunter package I got with the life time insurance works out to be free and I am in profit on top. All I really want is the single player campaign anyway, the rest is a bonus at this point.

Caporegime
Who knows what'll happen. Guess all we can do is hope for the best :D

In today's odd bug report: I upgraded my Cutlass to a Freelancer for a tenner, but for some reason, I can still spawn a Cutlass (there are 7 duplicates lol) and I also now have an Anvil Hornet that I never bought :confused: Wonder how long they'll last?

Retaining the Cutlass is a bug but the Anvil Hornet is a loaner with the Freelancer for Arena Commander because the Freelancer is too big for that.

Caporegime
Ah, fair enough.
Not hugely into the combat stuff, but I'm not complaining. It might come in useful for some bounty missions or something.

Its a good fighter if you load it up..... Stock it comes with 2X Mantis GT 220 Gatlings, one on each wing, it also has an empty S3 chin mount for another GT 220 or any other weapon upto a Size 3, the cargo box in the main body of the ship can be swapped out for a S5 Flashfire mount for something like a like a S4 Revanent to keep the Gatling theme going.

You should find these items around the verse, the Revanent and GT 220's are at Centremass Area 18 ArcCorp, don't know where the Flashfire mount is, if i come across it i'll post its location.

Caporegime
Its a good fighter if you load it up..... Stock it comes with 2X Mantis GT 220 Gatlings, one on each wing, it also has an empty S3 chin mount for another GT 220 or any other weapon upto a Size 3, the cargo box in the main body of the ship can be swapped out for a S5 Flashfire mount for something like a like a S4 Revanent to keep the Gatling theme going.

You should find these items around the verse, the Revanent and GT 220's are at Centremass Area 18 ArcCorp, don't know where the Flashfire mount is, if i come across it i'll post its location.

Gatling modified 325A, Revanent on the Nose, 2X GT 220's Wings... BRRRRRRD BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD whahaha.... :D

https://youtu.be/Nje2Ws-4ns8?t=1199

Back
Top Bottom