US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
Why couldn't the last trilogy be as good as this series, felt more emotion towards the IG droid for its 15 minute screen time than I did for any of the plastic characters in the last 3 films

Came here to post exactly this. Even seeing all the Mandalorian armour on the floor was more emotional then the recent trilogy.

Intrigued to see the dark saber at the end, curious to see if it’s an easter egg reveal or if we see Mando (or another Mandalorian) wield it and unite what clans are left.

It also raised the question of where the saber has been since we saw it in Rebels. Could we get some back story? maybe a live action Sabine Wren?

Damnit so many questions, hurry up season 2.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Brilliant.
The speederbike scene was unexpectedly brilliant.
It's really cheesy and corney but it's soooo good. Looks like new characters for season 2!

Cannot wait.

Oh when we finally saw him without his helmet, he looked like such a doofus :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Got my sisters watching it this weekend as everyone is round for the new year etc. Now they're not star wars fans but can you guess the main reasons they're now hooked aside from the excellent character development? :D

Disney are gonna rake in £££ from baby Yoda plushies.

Watching it a 2nd time round was just as enjoyable too lol

Soldato
Probably not as she handed it over in Rebels.

The back story is pretty simple then, I guess there wouldn't be much point showing that off. Though with Sabine, I wasn't thinking of her appearing in the back story. She was fighting with the rebels so potentially wasn't on Mandor during the cull so could still be alive. Plus she also has a history with the Dark Saber, so if Mando works with any other Mandalorians in S2, then Sabine could be one of them. Pure specualation on my part obviously but it would be good to see some live action characters from the animated series turn up - even if only for small bit parts.

Soldato
I've started to watch the Star Wars films in numerical order, and this series just highlights how much gash I-III are, particularly Phantom Menace.

Just how Lucas got these so wrong after he got so much right with IV-VI is beyond me.

Episode 8 was just a masterpiece, the inner Star Wars fan in me was just delighted.

Soldato
I must say that I was wrong, this is the first Star Wars film/tv show that I really enjoyed. I liked the, almost, low budget feel that reminded me of the original trilogy - no spoilers but anyone that liked TOT should love this!

Now don't spoil S2..

Back
Top Bottom