Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
It's crap plastic trim regardless of what is behind it.
Still not in the same league as the **** take that's fitted to the S4 though, which was the point in the first place

I'd rather have fake trims with actual exits behind them than completely fake blank exhausts, especially when you're buying a performance variant

(regardless of whether it is plastic, on the Skoda they're metal though, be surprised if Audi weren't metal too, it looks like a similar setup)

Can't be bothered rehosting whilst on my phone but just look at the absolute state of the exhaust in this photo. You'll spend thousands on the car and just end up with people pointing and laughing. It's not even subtle.

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/lXX6E/s1/2020-audi-s4-sedan-turbo-blue-in-bolzano-italy.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The original point I was making was that on the A4 Avant, the face lift they made it worse. Proper exhaust tip looks better than these pea shooters with a massive surround bringing your attention to the pea shooters.

My car:
qaKLKk1.jpg

Face lift:
f96mXl9.jpg

Soldato
Yes they do look better with genuine exhausts, nobody said otherwise.

All cuke2u was saying was that at least it still has two actual exits there, unlike the S4 which has a completely artificial pair of exhausts with nothing behind them.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yes they do look better with genuine exhausts,

Yep, that was the entire discussion. Whether it has 1, 2 or 4 actual exhausts behind the surrounds doesn't really make a difference to how **** they look :p

It's probably more annoying that they still have 2 exits, it wasn't even a cost saving thing to have a single exit, then "fake" the 2 exits using surrounds.

OcUK Staff
I think manufacturers use exhaust tips now as many give options when building a new car, chrome tips, black tips, carbon tips etc.

garage.jpg

Not the best photo, will be some in my thread though but I took this last night and the triple exhaust on the 458 is just tips, but there is a real exhaust connected to them, but I know Ferrari have a lot of accessory tip designs ranging from matt black, chrome black, chrome, burnt chrome, carbon etc.

I love a chrome shiny exhaust, never really understood the idea of black exhaust tips unless the goal is to simply hide the exhaust completely, the Abarth has black exhaust tips and you simply cannot see them from a small distance away but in fairness having quad tips on a car the size of a shoe is pretty daft anyway so its probably for best they are hidden. :D

P.S. Ignore the doors and make shift ramp, the garage is a work in progress as only moved into the new house this month, waiting for Summer to tidy it up somewhat. :)

OcUK Staff
OK just frontal shots then. :D

c4.jpg

c8.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Gave the car a good clean yesterday as it was dry and as the sun came out, took the car to work today, then picked the Mrs up and went for a drive, then got it back and decided to give the inside a valet, all the glass a good cleaning and the engine bay a good clean too, made sense to get it looking pretty spotless and now its parked in the garage where it can stay warm as next coldish spell is expected. :)

Man of Honour
Nevermind exhaust tip discussion. How about some exhaust noise! The M156 in any AMG makes noise aplenty. And a naughty noise too. Very clean shadow_boxer :)

Could do with a new tip on my truck's exhaust :s it is corroded quite badly. Noise is quite nice for a diesel truck as well.

EDIT: Was gonna get a video but mine is cold, cold so don't want to rev it too much - it's a bit like this but mine has a different exhaust so not 100% the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms99Q7GyCGI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom