What "man jobs" have you done today?

Associate
Drilled a hole into a radiator supply pipe while trying to hang a picture, leading to comedy scene of water pishing out of a hole. Later needing a hole cut in the plasterboard and emergency tape put round the leak.

Not the best way to finish decorating and dressing a room for Christmas.

Soldato
Oh no :eek:

I have the landing and half the double height hall a second coat of paint ahead of the carpets being fitted on Friday.

o79D70Vl.jpg

Then chopped up some of the leftover cedar cladding and rubberwood worktop for kindling :D

YodiagGl.jpg

MM5z7xUl.jpg

Soldato
Finished a storage box for parcel deliveries etc. Didn't want a plastic one so used leftover timber to build one. It's bloody substantial.. Reckon it weighs about 40kg!

Excuse to play with the the toys, notably the router table to rebate the ply into the lid construction.

timberbox-0.jpg

timberbox-1.jpg

timberbox-2.jpg

timberbox-3.jpg

timberbox-4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My slabs are disgusting and checked some cleaner I had on a few of them -seems it's been diluted before and it didn't shift much - Got to stock up on bleach now every time I go to lidl.
I hate riven slabs.

Associate
Finally got round to sorting the side of the house where the builders put grass down, but i always knew it was going to die due to it being shaded and slightly damn due to poor drainage. Weed membrane down, layer of sharp sand and then 20mm limestone clippings on top. It’s about 5m long so took about half a drop bag of sharp and I’m half way down my first limestone drop bag and still more to do. Will be up early tomorrow to get those stones down before doing the front section.

Pictures to follow tomorrow.

Soldato
Guys, I've put 3 coats of emulsion (sandtex) on the part of a ceiling running alongside an electrical cable conduit. There's still some darker bits showing through. I'm hoping another coat or two will get it completely white. Should I have put some undercoat on and can I still do that now before another coat of emulsion?

paint.jpg

Soldato
Replaced a broken seal on the kitchen tap spindle. I knew that little box of O-rings I picked up about 15 years ago would come in handy sometime.

Back
Top Bottom