**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Just to touch on the whole camera debate again.

I recently came across a telegram group that had a Gcam for Exynos which works. (front doesn't unless rooted)

The difference between the shots is night and day. The Samsung oversaturated the shot massively. It wasn't something I was properly aware of really and it's not until you see them side by side that you realise how meh the camera is on the 10. (or should I say the processing!)

Same with night shots or low light shots. The stock camera is just abysmal!

Soldato
Processing on the Pixel is different so it depending on your taste one could be seen better than the other.

Any links to it? Wouldn't mind trying it for comparison.

Soldato
In certain scenarios turning it off makes a huge difference, particularly with anything involving lakes and such. Blues just get badly oversaturated, also sunsets and sunrises suffer badly with it on.

Soldato
One downside to Android 10 which I should have probably checked is that they have gimped clipboard sharing so alt+c now no longer works from phone -> PC :(

Soldato
Android 10 update totally broke my S10, random screen shut offs, touch screen not responding, system apps constant crashing. Had to do complete reset.
Didn't have to do that for past 2 gens of Galaxy phones. Now all working fine, but not cool at all.

Man of Honour
Yup got mine the other day and is a nice update. I like that screenshotting now and then going to crop snaps the crop borders to the context of the image like messages, image borders, window edges etc. It's rather smart.

Man of Honour
I've had 10 now for a couple of days and observed only a few bugs which are solely related to the task switcher screen.

1: When clicking the app switcher button, if you scroll the apps and tap on one when it's in the middle, there is a notable delay before it comes into the foreground. This delay could be 3 seconds or 2, doesn't seem to be s set delay period, just that it's not instant which it is every other time.

2: If you do the above but instead of tapping to bring the app to foreground, swipe it down which also works. Sometimes when doing this the app will get stuck mid move to FG and the app's icon is stuck top centre of the screen. You have to swipe it down again so it pins to the screen correctly.
Both of these are random.

Associate
I've had 10 now for a couple of days and observed only a few bugs which are solely related to the task switcher screen.

1: When clicking the app switcher button, if you scroll the apps and tap on one when it's in the middle, there is a notable delay before it comes into the foreground. This delay could be 3 seconds or 2, doesn't seem to be s set delay period, just that it's not instant which it is every other time.

2: If you do the above but instead of tapping to bring the app to foreground, swipe it down which also works. Sometimes when doing this the app will get stuck mid move to FG and the app's icon is stuck top centre of the screen. You have to swipe it down again so it pins to the screen correctly.
Both of these are random.

Report it in the members app within 15 minutes of it happening (For the logs)

They've been quite proactive in looking into issues I've had!

Man of Honour
Apparently it's because I'm using a third party launcher. Google have locked down task switching sources to system level launchers only so this is something Google will have to open up it seems.

Bummer.

As for 10's battery life on Snapdragon, seems decent. Was on 4G+ the whole day until 9PM when I got home.

FYDqOIg.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom