*** OcUK Secret Santa UnWrap Thread 2019 ***

Soldato
Ahh isn't that annoying! Thanks for looking into it. Who would have thought buttplugs were exempt from the insurance.

How did they know what was in the package if it is lost? No chance you could speak to someone different and say different stuff inside?
I'm very tempted to try it. Sadly I expect they have a webchat history.

I'll chase it again and make up a second package anyway :)

Commissario
Out of interest, what was it that stopped them insuring it? I can't think of much beyond screens and batteries and they often try it on with batteries. If it's a battery and it was contained within a piece of equipment then there should be no problem.

Soldato
Out of interest, what was it that stopped them insuring it? I can't think of much beyond screens and batteries and they often try it on with batteries. If it's a battery and it was contained within a piece of equipment then there should be no problem.
Hermes have a long list including - seriously - "liquids"

Permabanned
Messaged Hermes. They now consider the package missing.

They also said the contents are void from compensation. Apparently as one item is exempt they won't offer compensation for the entire package at all.

****sticks :(

Sorry @kinobestew123 , looks like your package might not turn up anytime soon. I've asked Hermes to check their warehouse again just in case.

There are some great gifts in this thread this year. I wounder if they lose the package on purpose knowing that they know what's inside the box if it's been scanned in a warehouse somewhere so they profit from more parcels been sent. I would never risk sending something on their no compensation list anyway. I never knew sex objects was one of them though.

Soldato
Sorry for the delayed reply, it's been a crazy busy time.

My Secret Santa did a wonderful job and got me a selection of different wood chips for smoking, which I can't wait to try out as soon as the weather improves and gives me a dry day! Oh and there was a load of bags of haribo in there too which naturally have been eaten already!

Thank you Santa! :)

No worries dude, you weren't too bad to stalk to be honest however I did have to venture away from OcUK to identify what your interests were.

Hope that I didn't get total crap as I haven't any clue on the whole smoking thing although it does look and sound awesome!

Soldato
There are some great gifts in this thread this year. I wounder if they lose the package on purpose knowing that they know what's inside the box if it's been scanned in a warehouse somewhere so they profit from more parcels been sent. I would never risk sending something on their no compensation list anyway. I never knew sex objects was one of them though.

driver clearly wanted the gold hotpants

Man of Honour
Special delivery is never the cheapest but it is pretty bulletproof and always easy to collect from a local post office rather than some silly depot.

Soldato
@LuckyBenski don’t use Hermes!

I used dpd via ParcelMonkey, was about £6 in the end for 24hr service.

In fact, might make that a rule for future years - don’t use Hermes!
Yeah I was reluctant to but the post office wanted £15 and my office was about to close so was under pressure :(

Current plan is to stay under the weight limit and not include beers or prosecco, apologies @kinobestew123 that it won't be as fun-packed as the first one!

Soldato
Yep, sorry was meant to do it this weekend but work got in the way!

I’ll definitely post it this afternoon after (more) work :p Sorry for the delay!

Man of Honour
OP
1st class recorded was much cheaper than special delivery. IIRC special delivery is best for insuring up to £500.

i use RM 2nd class "signed for", costs £4, weight upto 2kg and insured upto £50, i advise the use of this service in the rules to help keep costs down,
as long as it's posted by the deadline in the rules then it will get there in time, i sent mine out on Fri 13th and it arrived Mon 16th

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you to my Secret Santa, @krisboats :D

RWqG07M.jpg

I got lots of chocolate (other loose sweeties I'm afraid have already been devoured :p), a mini essentials kit, jokes on a toilet roll and the worlds greatest mug :D

Absolutely love it! Well made up, especially with my custom Palace mug :D

Back
Top Bottom