xbox live ultimate

Soldato
I spent something like £125 on renewing xbox live to extend it to 3 years. Then upgraded to gamepass ultimate for a quid.

I now have both till 2022 and wont have to pay another penny (fingers crossed!!).

If you can afford to do it this way it offers best value for money.The calculated savings in sub costs alone by doing this is over £300 I believe. Not to mention all the games for free and the games I wont need to buy moving forwards.

Soldato
Anyone know if you can do this multiple times on the same account? I did this when it originally came out and have until October 2021 but wouldn’t mind making that longer before this offer inevitably gets pulled...

Associate
Anyone know if you can do this multiple times on the same account? I did this when it originally came out and have until October 2021 but wouldn’t mind making that longer before this offer inevitably gets pulled...

I've read somewhere it's a one time deal but, haven't tried it. I'm regretting not buying 30 months worth.

Soldato
I went to do this but just for 12 months. When I click the link to upgrade to Xbox game pass ultimate it brings me to the Xbox Ultimate screen where. In the details it says I can buy 1 month of Ultimate for £1 and get two months free. Then underneath that there is button for join. So I hit join and it says it's converting the rest of my xbox live gold time to Ultimate. But it comes back just charging a £1 and saying at the top of that screen 1 month Ultimate with 2 months free. The only options are to pay or cancel. If I select pay will I get the full 12 months Ultimate?

Permabanned
You should also get an extra 1 month for leaving Recurring Payments for the time being) set to Enabled/On, that is how I got 4 month then upgrade to Ultimate for £1 and it added another 3 months to the 4 so 7 months in total all for £1 (as someone here gave me a code for the standard XBOX Non Ult sub) that still would only have been a total of £2.

Soldato
You should also get an extra 1 month for leaving Recurring Payments for the time being) set to Enabled/On, that is how I got 4 month then upgrade to Ultimate for £1 and it added another 3 months to the 4 so 7 months in total all for £1 (as someone here gave me a code for the standard XBOX Non Ult sub) that still would only have been a total of £2.

But when the box came up to pay did it say 7 months? or did it just say 1 month with 2 months free? Mine after it does the calculating comes backs with 1 month Ultimate, 2 months free.

Just tried it again there now.

Ultimate 1-Month
€1.00 including VAT for the first month
2 month bonus time
By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store terms of sale. We'll charge you €1.00 including VAT for the first month, 2 months free, and €12.99 including VAT every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes.

Permabanned
I had a free code to save myself a big £1 so got standard XBL for £0 instead of £1 for 3 months, but they add 1 month bonus if you keep the payments set to auto renew like I mentioned above), then I went and upgraded to Ultimate for £1 and this was in Dec and my next payment is due in July.

The box on STD said 3 months+1 month, then the second transaction said Ultimate for 3 months.

My XBL account now says Ultimate as this replaced the STD and Next Payment due in July.

Annotation-2020-01-03-183356.jpg

Annotation-2020-01-03-184427.jpg

Annotation-2020-01-03-183654.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a free code to save myself a big £1 so got standard XBL for £0 instead of £1 for 3 months, but they add 1 month bonus if you keep the payments set to auto renew like I mentioned above), then I went and upgraded to Ultimate for £1 and this was in Dec and my next payment is due in July.

Yes, but when you clicked the button to join Ultimate, did it come back with the above? Or did it show the total time you had before you clicked subscribe?

Permabanned
I added photos but not sure all I know is the FREE (I had a code) 4 months added to £1 3 months gave me 7 months which TBH surprised me.

EDIT : Fixed 2nd photo.

Last edited:
Soldato
I added photos but not sure all I know is the FREE (I had a code) 4 months added to £1 3 months gave me 7 months which TBH surprised me.

EDIT : Fixed 2nd photo.

Really sorry, I had to rush off yesterday and didn't get back online until now. I appreciate you taking the time to post up the photos. Those screens look nothing like what I am getting.

I guess I just have to take a chance and hope that it works.

Soldato
Are you doing it from your Xbox or PC as I did it from the PC. (I believe their are same now correct)?

Doing it from my PC. Purchased an Xbox live gold membership. Got the 12 months plus the one month free for enabling the Auto Renew. Then I went into the Ultimate page and hit join. It flashes up a window saying it's doing the calculations based on how much time I have left in my xbox gold membership. Then the subscribe windows comes up with this.

Ultimate 1-Month
€1.00 including VAT for the first month
2 month bonus time
By selecting Subscribe, you agree to the Store terms of sale. We'll charge you €1.00 including VAT for the first month, 2 months free, and €12.99 including VAT every month after that. You'll be notified before any future price changes.

I can either Subscribe or cancel at this stage.

Maybe I should contact Microsoft as it doesn't seem to be registering that I have 13 months remaining in my subscription. I might give it a few days, maybe their servers are slow updating or something.

Back
Top Bottom