** I'LL MAKE YOUR XMAS MONITOR DREAMS COME TRUE!!! **

Caporegime
You see I was thinking that I would just prefer the one in here but then I had a proper look around before spending 550 on a whim and found this exact monitor at £449.98 at a yorkshire based ocuk competitor. I'm now thinking I might just buy that or not buy a new monitor at all yet. I currently have a 4k 28" panel coming from 3x 1080p panels so was thinking I would run both this screen and my 4k panel as I miss the flexibility of more than one screen. Id have to keep the flat 28" panel as I can't imagine a curved screen being any good at all for any image work, so this would in fact be a more gaming focused screen than what I currently have. For this to be even attractive though it needs to be 10% cheaper than the one at £449 so basically £400 or there abouts. Something tells me ocuk wouldn't want to go there given what their likely buy price was.

Gaming is such a vague word.

Do you play competitive fps?

Or do you play mmo and single player?

As in I would use fidelio x2's for single play but AKG q701 for competitive.

Different headphones for different types of games.

So different screens suit different types of gaming.

Anyway Hukd will keep you right plenty of good deals on all types of screens on there. Just go back over the last 2-3 weeks to see what has been on offer

Man of Honour
Gaming is such a vague word.

Do you play competitive fps?

Or do you play mmo and single player?

As in I would use fidelio x2's for single play but AKG q701 for competitive.

Different headphones for different types of games.

So different screens suit different types of gaming.

Anyway Hukd will keep you right plenty of good deals on all types of screens on there. Just go back over the last 2-3 weeks to see what has been on offer

I play csgo 5v5, pubg, RPG games, civ, rts games, project cars, asseto corsa really a bit of a selection. Not that any of that matters as even a 4k 60hz screen is perfectly decent for my gaming needs.

Caporegime
I play csgo 5v5, pubg, RPG games, civ, rts games, project cars, asseto corsa really a bit of a selection. Not that any of that matters as even a 4k 60hz screen is perfectly decent for my gaming needs.

Csgo really needs a high refresh screen.

Minimum 120hz. I'd try and find a nice normal 16:9, 27 inch 1440p

Caporegime
I've been playing cs since way back when certainly as far back as 1.6 and I get by fine, 100hz would do me fine in csgo I recon.

I've went from GN4 to LEM when I started playing at 165hz. It wasn't all the screen obviously. I learned the maps and increased my gameskill too.

I used to hate AWP'ing but now what I see on screen is where they actually are and I get a lot more hit registers. it's one of those things until you use it you don't really know the difference.

it depends how seriously you take it but CSGO is one game where high refresh rate actually does make a difference. all the pro's play on 240hz.

Associate
Who in their right mind would pay £1k or even £2.4k for a monitor with 90 days warranty :confused:

I'd have to think twice about spending £200 on something that has such limited support.

OcUK Staff
OP
Is this still available??
im hoping so as i made an offer on a screen tuesday night, however niktheshnik hasn't been active on the forums since tuesday last week

And as my Benq zowie Xl2730 took a nose dive on monday night i need a replacment main screen

Yes mate, still active.

I'm just getting back to everyone this morning :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom