Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
im avg 60 benchmark on a 2080 with some setting optimisation at 4k. also very impressed now.

i think anyone with a:
2070S/2080/1080ti/2080ti can play this game at 4k.. and 4k IS worth setting compromise as this game is jam packed with so much detail.

its the first game i cant play on my PJ cos i feel like too mcuh detail is lost (1080p pj)

Associate
I logged in last night to be greeted by the message *** Biker has marked you for assasination.
WT!
Never even realised this was a thing to be honest.

Soldato
Been playing this for over a week now since they fixed some of the day 1 launch bugs. Really REALLY enjoying it! There is so much to do and the environment itself is so dynamic! One minute i'm riding along minding my own business, the next i have the O'Driscoll's cutting me off and hunting me down! Friggin love that! I could be walking through valentine and a bar fight will break out! Do i join in?! do i spectate?! The choices! I've barely broke past the epilogue and i find myself doing lots of side quests while exploring the environment.

Has anyone stumbled upon the serial killer quest line yet? I literally followed a blood trail and found a hanging corpse under a bridge with his head severed and stuck onto a piece of wood! Dramatic!

Soldato
Been playing this for over a week now since they fixed some of the day 1 launch bugs. Really REALLY enjoying it! There is so much to do and the environment itself is so dynamic! One minute i'm riding along minding my own business, the next i have the O'Driscoll's cutting me off and hunting me down! Friggin love that! I could be walking through valentine and a bar fight will break out! Do i join in?! do i spectate?! The choices! I've barely broke past the epilogue and i find myself doing lots of side quests while exploring the environment.

Has anyone stumbled upon the serial killer quest line yet? I literally followed a blood trail and found a hanging corpse under a bridge with his head severed and stuck onto a piece of wood! Dramatic!
I think I came across this serial killer person in the online world as well. I was in the woods and found a ruined house with a basement. Going down there it was creepy and full of mutilated bodies. I was expecting to see the killer when I tried to leave. Was a little freaky tbh. Was hoping it didn’t turn into a horror game moment. Fortunately didn’t see him but I suspect I would if I hung around there.

Soldato
I think I came across this serial killer person in the online world as well. I was in the woods and found a ruined house with a basement. Going down there it was creepy and full of mutilated bodies. I was expecting to see the killer when I tried to leave. Was a little freaky tbh. Was hoping it didn’t turn into a horror game moment. Fortunately didn’t see him but I suspect I would if I hung around there.
Any idea where abouts it was in the woods? I'm really intrigued with this, wouldn't mind going full inspector mode looking for this killer. I feel like this kinda thing gives the game so much more depth, something that GTA5 was lacking in.

Soldato

It's a quest in SP, try to find all clues and go there.

Soldato
Haven't gotten that far in the story but I am loving the gameworld. Really immersive, it's so good just riding around, exploring, maybe do some hunting. Incredible gameworld, still early days but surely one of the best ever.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying it as well. I decided to rob a train to get some quick cash and man it is well worth it, although you rack up a serious bounty in the process.

The thing I'm struggling with is how the masks work. Sometimes I have a mask on and I get a bounty anyway. I've read online that lawmen will identify you regardless of mask all the time, but civs won't. Is that right?

Soldato
I'm really enjoying it as well. I decided to rob a train to get some quick cash and man it is well worth it, although you rack up a serious bounty in the process.

The thing I'm struggling with is how the masks work. Sometimes I have a mask on and I get a bounty anyway. I've read online that lawmen will identify you regardless of mask all the time, but civs won't. Is that right?
i forget to put my mask on all the time haha, i don't realise till after i've committed the crime :o.

Only little gripe with this game is how lawmen spawn. They sometimes literally just spawn behind you instead of appearing from a distance. Catches you off guard for one and takes the realism out of it, would rather they appeared abit further away so you can anticipate what to do next instead of getting shot in the back. Was particularly annoying when i was in a big open area, no buildings and they just spawned behind me a few feet away!

Soldato

I saw a good YouTube video on it before, it has something to do with the lawmen recognising you through the mask if you have already committed crimes or had a bounty in that area previously, in the same clothes, same horse etc.

Soldato
I saw a good YouTube video on it before, it has something to do with the lawmen recognising you through the mask if you have already committed crimes or had a bounty in that area previously, in the same clothes, same horse etc.
So the lesson here is to change clothes/horse after each robbery and you should get away with it provided you wasn't wanted in the first place! Good to know!

Soldato
Another first for me, I decided to start sniping at the soldiers in the fort as revenge for the Indians, I killed loads of them at the top of the walls & then non soldier riders appeared from in the trees, I killed them all and several more lots that followed until they stopped coming, I returned to shooting at the fort when suddenly I saw on the minimap loads of red dots racing towards me really fast :eek:I turned round just in time to see it was a big pack of bloodhounds who pulled me to the ground and mauled me to death :p

Soldato
Some low life swamp dweller gone enticed me into his abode with the promise of fine vittles, then took my manhood by force. Went lassoed his hide and fed him to the crocs.

Soldato
Some low life swamp dweller gone enticed me into his abode with the promise of fine vittles, then took my manhood by force. Went lassoed his hide and fed him to the crocs.
I dragged him around the map then set him on fire as the crocs did not want him. If you go into the gun shop in Saint Denis, watch out for pick pockets, almost lost $1200, he was dragged and burned also.

Back
Top Bottom