Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bilt Hamber AutoWheel. Arguably the best active wheel cleaner on the market, if you're looking for an active cleaner (i.e. acts like a fallout remover at the same time).
Yes I have to agree that Bilt Hamber is the best active wheel cleaner I have used. Don’t think I’ll be using anything else for the foreseeable future.

Cool, I gather this cleaner is safe as well on all kinds of alloy wheels being Ph neutral?

Soldato
Not sure about chrome finish, but painted or powder coated are absolutely fine.

I have no idea what type of alloy wheels I have, they are factory fitted 18" alloys on my fiesta, how can I tell what type of finish they are?

Yes, and water it down 50% and you can use it as a general paintwork fallout remover as well.

Nice to know. cheers.

Associate
Taking delivery of new car next week. I've asked them not to wash or prep it in any way other than usual PDI as I don't fancy having swirls and scratches from the getgo

Body colour is glossy white and wheels are diamond cut two-tone black and silver. How might I go about "protecting it" as best as I can so it hopefully it won't need decontamination / clay or polishing any time in the near future? I was thinking a foam wash, maybe auto wheel wheels and body (watered down) followed by another foam wash then wax body and wheels?

Associate
AXPSGgu.jpg
A bit of an accident the other day
qH2AKDN.jp
qH2AKDN.jp
. Any tips how to tackle this?

I was thinking:
Touch up paint
Sand
Polish

As for the plastic, just sand and polish?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
@kindai @Tinders

I'm not sure that would make sense for a couple of reasons after looking into it:
1. the coating costs anywhere between 300-1k
2. It doesn't protect against swirls or scratches
3. Needs to be maintained with some ceramic coating top up sprays
4. Needs to be two-bucket washed once a week

Considering the initial cost plus the ongoing maintenance I don't see where the benefit is given that if I have to keep washing and maintaining it weekly I might as well just save the cost and wash the car every few weeks with foam and wax. Or am i missing something/misunderstood?

Soldato
JENWfzm.jpg

Had this in for winter protection last month. I've had it cleaned twice since, but how often should be I carrying out a maintenance wash, especially in this weather? Reason I ask is because I've been procrastinating about products and pressure washers since I got the car so have yet to wash it myself.

Sgarrista
Commissario
JENWfzm.jpg

Had this in for winter protection last month. I've had it cleaned twice since, but how often should be I carrying out a maintenance wash, especially in this weather? Reason I ask is because I've been procrastinating about products and pressure washers since I got the car so have yet to wash it myself.

In this weather I give it a weekly snow foam and blast off just to get the salt off, but short of bucketwashing.

Soldato
I need some recommendations for a detailer in Kent, bought my '17 plate skoda superb in October and gave it it's first wash today :eek::p

Only managed a couple of hours once the fog had cleared, which entailed a pre-wash, 2 bucket wash and wheel clean. As it was cold and moist out it wasn't going to get dried either.

It's a big old car, and having now inspected the paint now it's clean, there's a decent amount of tar spots on the front/sides as well as some light scratches down the passenger side (probably some bushes by the look of it) but nothing that can't be polished out. Plus the usual swirling but nothing bad.

So, come spring I'll be looking to take it to someone for a full detail, de-tar, clay, and importantly, paint correction.

I'm happy to do up to the paint correction but that would be probably a whole day for me, and £200-300 to include a machine polish and protection is well worth it.

Any recommendations for the Kent area? Thanks!

Associate
Hi all,

Im having problems getting my lances to connect to the K4 washer, It was fine one day - and now none fit

Ive tried proper ramming it in (giggity) but it just wont budge

any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom