Which smart door bell for new home that isn't ring/amazon but works with apple

Soldato
As title! I want a smart video door bell for my new place - but I absolutely don't want to use amazon/google backed devices, i just don't agree with their privacy policies nor the constant leaks of data.

I know apple is still a big mega corp, but at least their privacy approach is one up.

So, what smart door bell is good that works with the apple home app ? Everyone has a ring 2 or something so im struggling to find a decent alternative.

Associate
The Nest Hello is probably one of the best ones, but Google backed which is obviously no use to you. Do you need it to be a doorbell? As a Ring 2 owner, I wouldn't recommend it - quality isn't that great and sometimes heavily delayed depending on WiFi signal. Also, people don't ring the doorbell the majority of the time which is a PITA.

Perhaps a good CCTV that works with HomeKit? Logitech Circle 2 Indoor/Outdoor may be worth a look.

Soldato
As a Ring 2 owner, I wouldn't recommend it - quality isn't that great and sometimes heavily delayed depending on WiFi signal. Also, people don't ring the doorbell the majority of the time which is a PITA.
We have the same issues, and agree with this. Even when it works people don't seem to want to push the button...

Associate
I think the only Ring worth getting is the Elite for the PoE option. But a bit of a push at £450 then the cabling you'd need to do to get the connection to your front door.

We have the same issues, and agree with this. Even when it works people don't seem to want to push the button...

I've had a few people ring, but it's usually when i'm in a meeting, on a work call or driving :rolleyes:. Or when you answer, and it's been delayed so they're already gone.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the feedback all, hmmm seems to be a tricky market at the moment then, which surprises me given the rise of smart homes, I think possibly my best bet is a Logitech circle then, im off road and no one would be at my front door other than a delivery guy so I can set it to trigger alarm on any movement I assume ?

Associate
Thanks for the feedback all, hmmm seems to be a tricky market at the moment then, which surprises me given the rise of smart homes, I think possibly my best bet is a Logitech circle then, im off road and no one would be at my front door other than a delivery guy so I can set it to trigger alarm on any movement I assume ?

I haven't had any dealings with the Circle, but Apple sell it themselves and works with Homekit so I imagine you should be able to set trigger zones to send you notifications etc. Not so sure how it handles storage.

When I first seen this thread I was trying to find the Arlo @Dave85 posted, but couldn't remember the name or the other thread it was mentioned in. It's supposed to be pretty decent, though not sure how their cloud storage prices are. That's one of the main pro's of Ring - their annual cloud price is something like £20 for 30 days history.

Back
Top Bottom