EE broadband

Associate
Hi

Looking to move away from virgin broadband, now I have been very happy over the years with them and only have broadband, no other services, we paying at the moment £39.73 for M70 fiber which means connection up to 70mbs but price is just getting out of hand, this speed is sufficient for our usage, now I have looked in to EE broadband and they can offer for £28 59-73 mbs connection, now I understand this is estimated but the cost is like £28, question is anyone happy with EE broadband?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I was perfectly happy with it for the time we had it, only just switched as moved to fttp and they didn’t have an offering for us.

Soldato
We've got ee in a fairly rural area, 80/20. Get pretty much that speed 24/7.

Not had to contact them so customer service unknown. They have put prices up this year mid contract.

Their hub was okay although didn't use it for long, swapped to Openreach modem and Edgerouter shortly after moving in and unpacking my kit.

Soldato
Not had a problem with mine. As I have my mobile via EE, I get extra data allowance (5gb) so it made sense when compared to similar pricing elsewhere.

The hub is the same as BT, albeit with a turquoise light instead.

Associate
I went From virgin (price was getting ridiculous) to EE basically get 80/20 and it’s been brilliant. All for 26 quid per month and an extra 5gb usage allowance on my mobile phone

Associate
Swap between them and Sky when either won't match/beat the other come renewal time... they were absolutely spot on the last time I was with them a year or so ago, and given our cabinet's about 40 yards away, I'm getting 80/20 solid all the time.

Had to use customer service a couple of times, mainly because a passing Openreach engineer managed to kill the voice part of our line, and it was sorted overnight after calling. Call centre for that was the regional one up here in the North East, and they were great to deal with.

Soldato
Any idea if they're interchangable?

I've moved from BT to EE, and despite accepting the router is the same, the EE seems to provide much worse wifi coverage compared to the BT hub when placed in the same place.

Would be handy if i could just switch back!

I never tested to be honest. Our coverage is fine in a standard 3 bed house with the hub near the front, I still get a signal in the garden near the house.

Associate
EE are usually pretty good.
Personally I have been with Sky for ages and never had a problem with them. Had a fault recently and you can even do your own line check on your account online and book an engineer if it shows a fault.

Associate
I've found EE absolutely faultless, I've never had to use their support, although any issues would pretty much be an Openreach issue but it would go through EE so perhaps I'm just lucky to get a decent 80/20 line. Never used their equipment as I have one of the old Openreach modems and a USG, but the support were great when I first signed up and the guy emailed me with the username and password prior to the line going active and the whole thing was a seamless transition from BT to EE.

Soldato
Had my first experience of EE tech support last night.

OpenReach were up my telegraph pole yesterday and since my internet hasnt worked (no DSL light on the OR modem). Called EE, spoke to a lady oop norf somewhere, none of that scripted rubbish, straight into a line test and yes can see a fault and they'll raise a job with OR. Should be fixed 24-48 hours and they'll let me know how much refund I'm due.

Getting SMS updates which is nice.

Soldato
And the OR engineer just knocked saying he's been working on it since lunchtime and just fixed the problem. 21:45 on a Friday... What a nice chap!

Soldato
Rang them on Friday for my username / password so I can use my own router.

They answered in 3 rings, very helpful lady answered. Very good customer support.

I MAY have a stuck bras profile so we'll see how they handle that.

As for the service, pings seem low and stable. Speed is always what I'd expect it to be.

Soldato
Just had an email about a price increase. It's fairly small to be fair but at the bottom of the email it says

We hope you want to stay with EE home broadband but if you'd like to leave, you can cancel your contract and to avoid paying a charge for leaving early simply call us on 0800 079 0355 before 15 March 2020 to let us know.

Whilst the service has been decent for me, given that cashback deals are great on broadband, it looks like you can switch without penalty to jump to another provider.

Although what's confusing is their terms say they're allowed to increase the price in line with CPI and that's exactly what they're doing so not sure why they've given the option to cancel early?

Soldato
Just had an email about a price increase. It's fairly small to be fair but at the bottom of the email it says

Whilst the service has been decent for me, given that cashback deals are great on broadband, it looks like you can switch without penalty to jump to another provider.

Although what's confusing is their terms say they're allowed to increase the price in line with CPI and that's exactly what they're doing so not sure why they've given the option to cancel early?

£190 cashback on BT at the moment. You get IPV6 with them and BT WiFi too.

Soldato
Winning, i spoke to EE and i can change the broadband without penalty! Apparently my contract states no price increases.

Which basically means we switched to them in October, got £50 to pay off the early fees to BT, then got £120 from top cashback, and got an Apple TV for free.

Now i get to cancel it after 3 months without a penalty :D

Associate
So EE fibre all good then? especially gaming wise? no throttling peak times etc?

Sky price is rising so time to switch as they wont lower the price which is a shame as its been perfect.

Back
Top Bottom