US: The Mandalorian

Permabanned
Dunno if we should still have spoiler tags or not?

Is Moff Gideon a sith? Or is the dark sabre usable by anyone?

Mando is clearly gonna end up with the blade, created by the first mando jedi and all that.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
TBH even putting the hands at the back of your head wears thin after so many years..... Just like Star wars :)

Soldato
It's good, but not AMAZING.

I sense the low expectations set by the latest film trilogy is clouding judgements.

Now, I haven't seen either Clone Wars (I think I got as far as a couple of episodes with the damn gungan in then gave up) or Rebels - which one should I be watching while tiding me over to season 2 of Mandolorian?

Soldato
I did really enjoy the series but I felt like there wasn't really all that much story progression throughout the whole thing. It was basically a villain of the week type show. Looking forward to s02 though.

Associate
I can't see why this is getting so much love. The show is average. The combat scenes are some of the worst I can remember and really took away from the enjoyment.

Mando has a ship that can travel the galaxy but he must learn to ride a fat, slow, 2 legged hippo to get around when on planet. Get some speedbikes. would have saved Kuiil's life.
The shootout at the end of the first episode. Completely out numbered but nobody out flanks them. Instead brings a huge gun to within 5 feet of Mando which he turns on everyone... nonsense.
Final episode - 3 people in a small room and a small army outside. 1 grenade is all it needed and everyone could have taken the day off. Instead they send in a guy with an explosive backpack.

Caporegime
I can't see why this is getting so much love. The show is average. The combat scenes are some of the worst I can remember and really took away from the enjoyment.

Mando has a ship that can travel the galaxy but he must learn to ride a fat, slow, 2 legged hippo to get around when on planet. Get some speedbikes. would have saved Kuiil's life.
The shootout at the end of the first episode. Completely out numbered but nobody out flanks them. Instead brings a huge gun to within 5 feet of Mando which he turns on everyone... nonsense.
Final episode - 3 people in a small room and a small army outside. 1 grenade is all it needed and everyone could have taken the day off. Instead they send in a guy with an explosive backpack.
Regarding your last point, they wanted the baby alive? And just think of the paperwork?!

the first point, Technology breaks down, needs refuelled and requires maintenance. Animals don’t. Well, refuelled yes, but not with heavy, flammable and difficult to transport chemicals.

Associate
Regarding your last point, they wanted the baby alive? And just think of the paperwork?!

the first point, Technology breaks down, needs refuelled and requires maintenance. Animals don’t. Well, refuelled yes, but not with heavy, flammable and difficult to transport chemicals.

Then they probably shouldn't have shot the place up at the start and risk killing the child. Also a flamethrower isn't exactly a precise weapon - it was just a lazy way to get the kid to use his powers.

Mando wanted a speedbike, he just didn't have one. It could have been just lazy writing to lead to an impactful scene in EP7.

Soldato
Now, I haven't seen either Clone Wars (I think I got as far as a couple of episodes with the damn gungan in then gave up) or Rebels - which one should I be watching while tiding me over to season 2 of Mandolorian?

Clearly there is only one correct answer; both. Both are good shows though overall, by a narrow margin, I'd say I prefer Rebels to Clone Wars. Though Rebels has finished now but we are due to get the final season of Clone Wars soon (February I think) so maybe for that reason watch the Clone Wars in time for the new series.

Back
Top Bottom