*** Control (Remedy Games) ***

Associate
Same. Started playing this today for about an hour. Was expecting it to crush my PC, but at 1440p with a render resolution of 1440p at full max minus the RTX it is running with no issues.

Well that's running better than mine rendering at 1440p on medium on 1080ti then.
I'm getting 60 most the time but lots of big drops, dropping to 1080p sorts them out but its pretty blurry scaled to 4k on 40" monitor.

Soldato
Well that's running better than mine rendering at 1440p on medium on 1080ti then.
I'm getting 60 most the time but lots of big drops, dropping to 1080p sorts them out but its pretty blurry scaled to 4k on 40" monitor.

Dunno what to say. I'm not measuring the fps. I'm just playing and see no problems. Only been about 1hr of game time tho so maybe too early to tell.

I do have Gsync which is covering up the low fps most likely.

Are you using DX12 as the render method?

Last edited:
Associate
Dunno what to say. I'm not measuring the fps. I'm just playing and see no problems. Only been about 1gr of game time tho so maybe too early to tell.

I do have Gsync which is covering up the low fps most likely.

Are you using DX12 as the render method?

Yeh gsync will definitely be helping but maybe there is something not right in mine.
It holds 60fps most the time on medium but with big drops to 30 quite often, and it drops to 30 frequently if I go high settings.
I'm only 1hr in too.

Soldato
If you have an RTX GPU then ticking the DLSS box makes it very playable @ 4K as it uses DLSS AI to downsample the render image but still manages to look incredible with the RTX FX on ;)

Soldato
Bought this due to epic sale and voucher as been after it since release, done first hour and **** me this game is bloody brilliant! Just found first threshold toys tape and that was very creepy to say the least!

Game runs sweet so far as well :)

Associate
Bought this due to epic sale and voucher as been after it since release, done first hour and **** me this game is bloody brilliant! Just found first threshold toys tape and that was very creepy to say the least!

Game runs sweet so far as well :)

Agreed, it’s a phenomenal game

Not sure how it slipped by me when it released

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Deffo worth running RTX in this game if you're able. Really adds to the environment.

Great game, probably my fave single player story driven game of the year.

Associate
Hey guys. Whats the deal of DLSS 960P? Image looks pretty low res comparing to render resolution 1080P MSAA 4x. I prefer playing on 1080P with MSAA 4x,image looks sharper ,not pixelated and smooth.
My monitor is 1440P 144HZ and Aorus 2080 ti Waterforce.

Monitor is GSYNC but 35-50fps its not smooth for me when playing on 1440P MSAA 4x with RTX HIGH ofc.

Associate
Monitor is GSYNC but 35-50fps its not smooth for me when playing on 1440P MSAA 4x with RTX HIGH ofc.

I played at 4k max settings with 3 of the 5 RTX settings on. I used DLSS rendering from 1440p. The frames slowed a little at times (I wasn't monitoring numbers) but at all times gameplay was smooth for me on my non Gysnc/Freesync screen.
2080ti.

BTW all games for me are totally smooth without Gsync/Freesync.

Soldato
Finding it to be a very boring game struggling to play it let alone complete it! Remedy really do themselves no favours with the same old gameplay formula. When all is said & done its nothing much more than a max payne reskin with dashes of quantum break :( & very tiny little glimpses of brilliance :eek:

Back
Top Bottom