What is your most prized possession?

After i buy my 18" subs, i'll be upgrading my lighting to DMX then i'll be pretty much set up for mobile DJing and pretty much mobile anything entertainment. I do have some basic non DMX lighting for mow though.

Nice one! I've only done a few events (wedding / birthdays), but I find it great fun, and I never get bored of it as a hobby at home after 10+ years now :)

Soldato
Torn between two for different reasons.

I kept some of my models built when studying Architecture, nothing too complicated but it was before 3D printing using wood/plastics/card/foam and I keep them on display to remind me of the career I always wanted but didn't follow through with and probably for the best. Last memories of that dream.

Not really a prized possession as it's just a tool and can be easily replaced, but my camera collection has helped capture memories for others from parties, weddings and motor events. Again for personal reasons I stopped but it's good seeing photos I'd taken for others appear years later either as a tagged photo or up on their wall. I've bought and sold kit though so I'm not really attached to them, but don't like the thought of being unprepared if someone wants me to shoot for them.

Soldato
I've got a lot of stuff that potentially is irreplaceable but not a lot stands out as 'prized' and a lot I could probably live without. Got a lot of things I like though.

Two that I suppose I could consider are a photo of my mum (who died when I was 17) smiling and happy and one of those lopeypesa jumpers I bought in Iceland that I really like that is hand-knitted. I could replace both though as my dad has the same photo and I could get a similar jumper so not sure if they count.

Soldato
My dad's stacking snap-on tool chest. It's full to the brim of tools, I don't know what half of them do and the ones I do I don't use and have brought my own. It's about £40k of his hard earned as a mechanic trying to better himself. It smells of him, and has notes he wrote and other little bits he put down one day and never picked up.

Love it.

Soldato
My mums wedding ring that I wear on a chain, the second is her engagement ring after the family fight as always. I am just glad they are still together.

Soldato
I wouldn't say most prized possessions but they have been with me for years.

At the age of 12 I went to Paris with the school and came back with this (good old days) - It is now 63 years old and has survived 12 house moves
414361709.jpg

At the age of 20 I was a office goffa in centre of Brum and used to walk down New Street at lunch time and looked at watches in Watches of Switzerland - I saw this and thought that looks nice so asked Mom and dad if they would give me the money to buy it. I must have asked nicely as on my 21st birthday I came out of WoS with a brand new Breitling for £21 so this watch is now 55 yrs old. - It sat on my wrist for 9 yrs which didn't do it any good as by then I was a manual worker and rode a Triumph Tiger 110 and anyone will tell you the vibration in handlebars is horrendous. So when my watch packed up my wife now bought me a nice new Seiko auto and was so chuffed at not having to wind a watch up I slung the old watch into a drawer and there it stayed for 39 yrs and 9 house moves. At the time of purchase I had no idea who or what Breitling was but as the years went by I began to realise. 8 yrs ago I sent it off to be oiled and repaired and it is now my best watch.
414361718.jpg

My third item I put together in 1972 and this has also followed me around during 9 house moves.
414361710.jpg

If I lost one I would be peeved but they are just three items that have almost followed me in my life.

Soldato
My Henseleit TDR - google it.

I've had well over 20 RC helicopters the past decade, but only this one is a keeper. I think it's the best looking RC helicopter ever made. They were €1200 new in 2009 and there was a waiting list if you wanted one. I bought mine a few months ago for £95, which is possibly the best bargain I ever had.
It isn't ready to fly yet (almost, I just need a few hours with it), but that doesn't matter. I bought it to look at. It will only be flown in the best weather, and gently, as I drool at how it looks against the sky.

Soldato
Wow, you won the thread! Ever get the Breitling valued?

I am a member of a Breitling forum and put a picture up before I sent it off to be fixed and was surprised no one had ever seen this model before - Probably because it's only made of base metal and chromed and not many sold - also the chrome has been worn off the lugs and case has a few scratches. I had it cleaned not refurbished as it was too far gone so it looks like a well used watch except it had a complete overall with new main spring- hammer- a new screw and new glass. - Also it should have a strap but my old fingers struggle to do them up. I got the feeling it was worth less than a grand by a small margin. No one would commit. - I won't be selling it anyway but told wife not to bin it if I clog off first.

Back
Top Bottom