• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
My Rx5700 suffers from a lot of the same issues

And like your friend I have a 144h FS monitor

Had to drop it to 60hz and disabled freesync

Associate
My Rx5700 suffers from a lot of the same issues

And like your friend I have a 144h FS monitor

Had to drop it to 60hz and disabled freesync
He said he kept 144hz but disabled Freesync and it seems to be working now.

But I think I will still return it as its not worth the pain and tweaking for a £350 card. Does the RTX2060 allow Freesync with a Samsung LC24RG50FQUXEN? Thats the only reason I never went with nVIDIA.

Soldato
Quick question when recording GPU temps while gaming I've a small case with the Nitro so not but airflow at the bottom of case where the three fans blowing down too. Would you use AVG or Max reading from GPU-Z or other programs?

Just leave it as default which is 'current reading' which will give you the highest temps reached when gaming. I get around 65C while gaming with the Nitro+. Using average setting would distort the result since it will include the idle temps in the readings.

Associate
So, on my shiny new Ryzen 3 PC from overclockers with a Sapphire 5700XT I am getting 4 second black screens which interrupt my gaming or browsing.
I have tried 19.12.2 19.12.1 19.11.3 and 19.7.5
19.7.5 gives me a blue screen. The rest give me the 4 second black screen with 19.12.1 being the least frequent.
Does anyone have any answers.

LATE NEWS: 19.12.3 installed with an initial factory reset and no black screens after 2 hours of play so far!

Turned out my problem was an HDMI cable. When I switched to a dp cable the problem disappeared.

Soldato
Turned out my problem was an HDMI cable. When I switched to a dp cable the problem disappeared.

I reckon this is the most common problem people are having due to cheap HDMI cables or a problem with the way the driver controls the HDMI interface. Not everyone can swap to DP though since many will have older monitors that are HDMI Only. It would be worth checking if a better quality HDMI cable fixes the problem.

Associate

DP cables are usually better, if anyone has the option between HDMI and DP I would always suggest DP, it's worth the extra cost of getting another cable.

Some monitors even come with the DP cables needed.

Associate
Hows it just died like? What happened for it to die?

Well I had issues in some games where the screen will go blank (for a second or two), I was playing RE-2 remake during an intense scene, and the screen just went blank, and didnt come back. I rebooted my PC, and I could see my motherboard showing a red light for the GPU, which means no GPU detected. I put in an old nvidia card, and it worked, thus proving that my 5700xt died.

I had a Red Devil 5700XT, and I did have issues with it throughout.

I will probably see what the retailer can offer me, since its only been four months, but I will also contact PowerColor.

Associate
Whats the verdict on a 5700 running a 5700xt bios vs an actual 5700xt. Price wise you're looking at nearly £100. Is this the new vega56 undervolted to a v64 or is it better to spend the extra on an XT?

Soldato
Well I had issues in some games where the screen will go blank (for a second or two), I was playing RE-2 remake during an intense scene, and the screen just went blank, and didnt come back. I rebooted my PC, and I could see my motherboard showing a red light for the GPU, which means no GPU detected. I put in an old nvidia card, and it worked, thus proving that my 5700xt died.

I will probably see what the retailer can offer me, since its only been four months, but I will also contact PowerColor.

What's your PSU? Did you used any power cable splitters? What sort of cable you use? DP or HDMI?
What GPU you changed to? Just in case did you used PCIe 4.0 on any other motherboard than X570?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Had 3 5700XT's now and no major issues with any of them, but I have a pretty solid system with good stable power supply etc though. My main bugbear was the stat monitoring, but had no problems regarding that now.

Associate

I just had a similar issue with my Gigabyte 5700XT Gaming OC where the screen kept going black requiring a restart. I thought I had fixed it by rolling back the drivers but then it went black whilst watching YouTube and never came back. I have now RMA'ed it and been refunded so need to decide whether to try the 5700XT again, but from a different manufacturer, or get something else.

Associate
I just had a similar issue with my Gigabyte 5700XT Gaming OC where the screen kept going black requiring a restart. I thought I had fixed it by rolling back the drivers but then it went black whilst watching YouTube and never came back. I have now RMA'ed it and been refunded so need to decide whether to try the 5700XT again, but from a different manufacturer, or get something else.

May I ask, did you buy the 5700xt from OCUK and who did you rma it to? I'm still in my 14day cooling period and haven't overclocked it or anything. Would joke and say asking for a friend, but I may not be too far behind everyone who's going back to nvidia.

Associate
May I ask, did you buy the 5700xt from OCUK and who did you rma it to? I'm still in my 14day cooling period and haven't overclocked it or anything. Would joke and say asking for a friend, but I may not be too far behind everyone who's going back to nvidia.

Are you having similar issues then? A lot of people have no problems at all with the 5700XT's so I think I have just been unlucky and I would still rather buy AMD over nvidia. I didn't buy from OCUK but just noticed the same Gigabyte card is on offer this week so I could be tempted

Associate
Are you having similar issues then? A lot of people have no problems at all with the 5700XT's so I think I have just been unlucky and I would still rather buy AMD over nvidia. I didn't buy from OCUK but just noticed the same Gigabyte card is on offer this week so I could be tempted

If I'm honest I'm bnit sure if my problem has been sorted.

Today. I updated my b450 mortar max bios from v2. 50 to 2.60. Changed from hdmi to dp and saved the 20.1.1 driver folder then used ddu in safe mode once restated I then then windows find said drivers so I don't use radeons software just driver. I'm still yet to see if I get the blaxk screen. Currently watching DS9 with the Mrs but I'll be testing games later on. I Cba with a rma (I'm a poet and didn't know it) unless I have to. Some have waited for 6+ months for an fix for drivers. I'm not prepared to wait another 6 either lol.

Back
Top Bottom