Garmin watches and connect tracking sleep

Underboss
Hi all

I've have one of these watches that track your HR and I don't wear it when I go to bed, I used to a year ago though

Quite recently it started tracking my sleep , even though I'm not wearing it

Does anyone else get this?

Soldato
Hi all

I've have one of these watches that track your HR and I don't wear it when I go to bed, I used to a year ago though

Quite recently it started tracking my sleep , even though I'm not wearing it

Does anyone else get this?
Nope I wear mine a few nights a week, the nights I don't it doesn't track sleep at all. Think it works of the HR no HR no sleep tracking.

Associate
Yeah, my Fenix 5 Plus has started doing this. Stopped wearing mine while sleeping due to inaccuracy in the tracking but noticed recently that it had started to record while not being worn. Can't see anything in the change logs related to this.

Soldato
yes .. its a good point who wears a watch in bed , to actually benefit from sleep tracking.

OK that would be offfset if the watches give consistent/useful data, if you do wear them - do they ?
(eg. so you could see what happens if you have coffee late)

the algorithms to establish sleep levels from heart rate are complex/debateable - you have to establish the ratio of heart rate frequency components for
parasympathetic and sympathetic activity, had tried/failed to do this from a chest strap (previous post);
is there any data on watch accuracy ?

Back
Top Bottom