The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
Same here, I've got zero interest in the characters and I'm just zipping through all the conversations without reading them. Not sure how long I've got to go till the end but feel like giving up on it now. Only consolation is I didn't buy it, the game pass has been decent for me so far.
Unfortunately I did pay for it and more than I would normally cough up for a game, but these things happen. Borderlands 3 I only paid a tenner for so that us not so bad and I will wait until Red Dead Redemption 2 comes to Steam where I have a few quid lying in my wallet.

Soldato
Same. I tried to play it again but windows store just seems to have randomly killed it. Now gives "file system" error when trying to start.

The MS store is such an awful platform. You can't even do anything with the local files because it locks you out of the folders on your own ******* HDD. No way to run a repair scan like on steam :/

I'm temped to just stip everything from the folder under Linux and use a crack.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Semi solved it. Run game, switch to task manager, kill the outer worlds task using 0%, it did not crash after that and I managed to murder an entire town, steal everything in sight and get a few levels.

Yeah Xbox beta app is poor so far.

Soldato
Add me to the list of people who think the game is a bit "meh"

I just don't care what happens. It's so dull and boring and everything feels the same, no matter what planet you are on.

All I can say is luckily I played it using the Xbox game pass that I got free with my CPU, because I was going to buy it.

Soldato
Gave this a go thought it was okay upto the first mission to divert the power then its another case of finding this switch finding that switch finding this switch etc etc and got bored. Graphics are dated, reminds me of a poor mans Borderlands without the cell shading. Uninstalled it.

Soldato
This game was a frustrating so near yet so far attempt as it needed a lot more dev time & resource to make it into something more worthwhile. As it stands its so shallow & a real slog to play for very long once you realise how little depth it has :eek: no wonder its free on XGP I cannot imagine anyone paying £54.99 is happy with it!!

Associate
I think a lot of the hype with this game was that Fallout 76 was really disliked and people wanted to say to Bethesda "This is how it should be done". Also it tries desperately hard to tick all of the diversity boxes which is always a free pass with the current general gaming press.

Soldato
Just playing through this, quite liking it so far.

Having difficulty with the giant mantis things on Monarch... Or the number of them. I've figured out that my big ol' plasma cannon isn't very effective on them so have been using a granade launcher but I'm still struggling and burning through health inhalers, especially when there's a few of them my health can dissappear really quick without me noticing before it's too late.

Any tips? By character build is kinda balanced but with a deffinate bias toward melee and guns. Think I'm level 11.

Cheers

Soldato
Another title I got free with some tech I bought. I've so many games to choose but none seem to hold my attention. Watched many videos about it and I find it curious but yet to actually install it.

Soldato
I'm quite liking it so far, it's kind of a bit like fallout or skyrim, except there's not just one huge map, it's a collection of planets you fly between some small larger.
It's certainly not as big from what I can gather so far, but i like the weapons... The plasma ones are quite satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom