Soldier of Fortune 2 - ClanBase - OSP

Associate
Hi,

My name is vithos and about 15 years ago I was a kid pwning noobs on a game called sof2, we used to play on clanbase 5v5 ctf + 5v5 inf, opencups, eurocups, and other leagues.

This is just an awareness post to let people know that we currently have a community of ~300 discord members with around ~40 active players (Opened in Oct 19) playing mixes and some pub daily, sof2 gold, osp, normal damage

Did you play sof2? play on clanbase? long time ago? maybe you'll be interested in trying again, hearing FIRE IN THE HOLE 5 times a second whilst blasting someone in the face with an M203, we have everything to get the game up and running on our discord.

Invite link is hopefully allowed -> *** link removed 26/09/23 ***

or PM me if you'd like to join our growing community.

PS: We also have some matches uploaded to my YT, from WasteD vs Outlaws in 2005 EC Final to a 2019 5v5 mix recently. -> *** link removed 26/09/23 ***

Cheers and hope i've sparked some nostalgia for a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I don’t think I have ever had as much fun as I did playing SOF2 with my friends back around 2003. I bought 5 copies of the game just in case. Do you have all the mod files (was it .bap and .msp?) as they have become difficult to find. I can’t promise to be a hardcore regular but I’d swap my 5 hours a week on BFV for this! Especially open CFT games, they were my favourite.

Edited to add “hur hur hur”

Associate
OP
The mod we use is OSP and everything you need is available to download with us, i'm sure there's a very small % that played OSP and same 'match mode' as majority of our discord are used to, so it won't be what EVERYONE remembers about sof ;}

Caporegime
I wasn't in a clan but used to enjoy playing on the, I think it was, 'USI' server.

That definitely was the most fun I've ever had playing a fast-paced mp game.

For some reason, I loved the sound it made when you got a kill. :cool:

Associate
I still have it, loved this game so much.

oh and how i miss clan base :)

Labtud was my game name, clans were MiE and LDx.. We also did gaydwarfsinspandex clan on drunken friday nights :D. My addiction to this game was so bad i was rank one in the world for time played (not skill or anything) for about a month on csports (if anyone remembers that site), i had a serious addiction problem :D

I installed it a few years back and had a few games, for me personally its best left as a memory.

Soldato
I used to play it all the time MP and SP and even left the install files on my HDD as it worked fine from folder install (1.15GB :D)
Just fired it up now, still works and there was even a multiplayer game active (Col1) the jungle map!
Tried the single player with the following in myconfig.cfg

seta r_customwidth "3440"
seta r_customheight "1440"

All good aswell. Straight back into scalping the guys in the yellow anoraks on the first level. There isnt any other game where you can dismember people to my knowledge apart from SOF and SOF2. Is it because of some legal regulation? It is quite sick and im pretty sure COD Modern Warfare with realistic deaths/gore/body parts etc. would be to way to OTT. Grenades causing bodies and limbs to burst all over, things hanging off when injured and molotov cocktails causing burns probably wouldnt be nice (even if realistic)

Associate
The days of the likes of Northern Darkness, Volatile, riZe, out of control etc

I've got sof2 installed, might have to fire it up.

Spent so many hours as a kid playing scrims.

Associate
amazing game! played for years as ][-Solid-][ Rico or K R U S H Y.. won a fair few clanbase tournaments with the Solid gang! bring back those glory days!

Back
Top Bottom