2019/2020 winter darts thread inc. PDC/BDO World Champs *spoilers*

Associate
Watching the BDO at lakeside once a year on tv was more than enough.It really is painful viewing after the PDC events throughout the year.As for a £99 ticket.....no chance!!

Man of Honour
Seems Price has backed down a bit, deleted his tweet from last night and put something else up instead. Although he still can't help himself bringing up "what Peter did" multiple times which makes you wonder just how sincere he really is versus him or his sponsors/manager feeling he has to back down a bit having seen all the negative press this morning.
"I'm still new to this and still learning" cracked me up a bit though, do me a favour pal you've been getting involved with the likes of Lewis, Whitlock, Anderson for years.

Soldato
I'be struggled to watch the below par BDO WC in the past, but the Lakeside Barnard certain atmosphere which helped.

Not going to bother watching it now it's at the O2.

Think the BDO may as well just fold up and call it a day.

Caporegime
Fallon Sherrock's pulled out of the women's event. It won't surprise me if the entire BDO operation collapses before the tournament starts.
Don’t blame Fallon at all for pulling out. She’s got a brand now. Why risk damaging it by losing unexpectedly to a weaker player for a measly winners prize of £12k. She’s just won more than double that for winning two matches.

Associate
Good on her for pulling out of the BDO.Seems like her manager or people behind her are putting her on the right path, she will probably earn some nice money this year.

As for the BDO thats been finished along time ago.

Soldato
OP
In a way, I have a bit of a soft spot for the BDO as it supported darts to the lowest level. I used to play league matches on a Tuesday night and if you were good enough, you could play in the Superleague. In that if your average was good enough, you could be invited to play for your county. From there you might have been picked to play for England, and you'd enter BDO events with rankings points and prize money.

It's a bit of a shame all of that seems like it's going to disappear. The PDC is 100% amount money and Barry Hearn's ability to promote.

Back
Top Bottom