What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Finished Outer Worlds and Started Dishonored 2. Pretty damn good, just like the first one but I'm somehow playing it 3 years after release:p

Went back to Metro Exodus but I'm struggling with it, it still has that atmosphere but I'm not digging it like the last two so far.

Also bought The Division 2 for peanuts to play from time to time, proper fun like 1.

Soldato
Playing Greedfall. Took a while to get into, but been a blast so far. Is a diamond in the rough, sometimes can look janky, but other times amazing. The story itself however is pretty good with a fair bit of political intrigue and so on.

Caporegime
Playing Greedfall. Took a while to get into, but been a blast so far. Is a diamond in the rough, sometimes can look janky, but other times amazing. The story itself however is pretty good with a fair bit of political intrigue and so on.

Is it as similar to Assassins Creed in gameplay as it looks in screenshots

Soldato
Is it as similar to Assassins Creed in gameplay as it looks in screenshots

No, nothing quiet like assassins creed. Has some passing similarities in ways to dragon age, you have magic, companions, ability to increase / decrease reputation with companion and factions etc. Not completed the game yet, but about 20 hours in and has kept me interested, lots of pivotal choices can be made which affect longer term outcomes, side quests are actually meaty and affect choices you have available / can make in main quest etc.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Untitled Goose Game.

Picked it up for the kids and thought I’d have a quick honk myself. It’s surprisingly different that’s for sure!

Back to COD tonight though.

Permabanned
Disco Elysium

I know some people couldn't care less about dialogue, even if done as well as e.g. Lynette in Fallout 2. IIRC, hers is based on our: skills and such; handling of quests; our Vault City citizenship status; whether we address her as "First Citizen" enough (she's obsessed with being called that, and VC no longer use "Overseer"); and she chips in unique talk for low-intelligence characters + a bless-your-heart hug after our dumbsh*t characters wreck the Enclave, d'aww :o

So one thing I like about DE is having delayed choices & consequences more in dialogue. (No spoilers.) So many games are dominated by self-contained dioramas* of quests/interactions, tending to soullessly have no consequences/connections elsewhere - but this game is better than that in allowing us to e.g. revisit stuff with what we've changed or gathered since, and NPCs' progressive reactions, etc. Obviously happens IRL, so the bit of immersion increase there is evident. (*Too many games lack notable creativity outside of a few showcase quests; and I know delayed choices & consequences go against casualness' tendency for instant gratification / minimal retention.)

It's been on my list since the kickstarter when it was called No Truce with the Furies :p

BTW, I like character customisation choices to also have decent game impacts, such as NPCs being ageist and that altering interactions (barebones would be only like 2 NPCs with opposite biases, and ideally more than 2 tiers age thresholds). And/or a game could have a world dominated by lefties, and our handedness choice could affect our melee combat to degrees, but influence how people treat us. (Humorous) discrimination would be an obvious thing for righties, like a faction suspects we're possessed by a demon that doesn't know how to properly operate a human, with a quest allowing us to maybe (A) prove rightness via a combat trial, (B) exorcise the demon and switch to lefty mainly thru dialogue & cutscenes, or (C) beclown them in a way that's best done with stealth to cover that base. Or something :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wow! I remember really liking Bloodwych on the Amiga, but I got stuck only a couple of hours in as there was a door I could never figure out how to open. I think I may have to try pitting my adult brain against this challenge...
A friend and I played co-op (dual screen back then on the Amiga) and eventually finished the whole game, took a long while but such a great game :)

Back
Top Bottom