Doctor Who

fez

fez

Caporegime
Watched the start of the new series last night and I thought it was really good. Wasn't expecting much as Doctor Who has been pretty awful for a while now with only the odd redeeming episode so lets hope this isn't just a brief uptick.

Soldato
Defiantly a much better episode that actually enjoyed it.
Watched the start of the new series last night and I thought it was really good. Wasn't expecting much as Doctor Who has been pretty awful for a while now with only the odd redeeming episode so lets hope this isn't just a brief uptick.
Funnily enough, I thought last night's episode was pretty boring. I liked the ending, but the rest just dragged. I liked, probably, all of last series more :D

I think I tend to like the present-day earth episodes the least, though.

Permabanned
Gave up after the change over/regeneration Xmas show to this awful actress (yes and due to the female part), had watched since 2005 reboot and as a kid but it had gotten more crap each season.

Soldato
I switched off midway through last season with Jodie - the writing was terrible

Was pleasantly surprised that was a new years day episode pop up on my Tivo box, so gave it a whirl. It wasn't too bad, drew me in enough to give the new season another try

@Feek - glad you revisited Matt Smith - he's my favourite of the new doctors, even if some of the episodes went a bit "meh" towards the end

Caporegime
It wasn't bad but I'm thinking more because it followed a spy formula rather than having to actually come up with a Dr who episode... Lol

Let's see if they have taken audience criticism on for the rest? Hopefully it'll be a stroke more intelligent and a lot less "corrrrr fishfingers, brilliant."

Soldato
Strange as I thought the reveal was terrible. The acting had been OK until that point when he went full on pantomime villain. And how was the bomb supposed to be dead locked and sonic proof when it was a timer with exposed wires on a block of explosive? They could have at least made it look like some sort of impregnable box/device. After Michelle Gomez did such a great job, I really hope they have properly thought through bringing back that character...

Commissario
OP
I have zero interest in watching this any more. I didn't record it, I won't watch it. I gave them the benefit of the doubt last series and based on that, until Chibnall and Whittaker leave, I won't be watching this show. Such a shame, it's been a huge chunk of my life since my childhood but they've ruined it in a few short hours.

Soldato
Why did a huge block of PE only blow the bloody doors off. A bomb of that size in a pressurised aircraft at altitude would've literally ripped the front of the aeroplane clean off. Plus, why bother fiddling with the wires or the timer, why not simply just pull the detonators out of the PE?

Caporegime
Why did a huge block of PE only blow the bloody doors off. A bomb of that size in a pressurised aircraft at altitude would've literally ripped the front of the aeroplane clean off. Plus, why bother fiddling with the wires or the timer, why not simply just pull the detonators out of the PE?

Ummmm, it's a show where a magic alien regenerates and travels in a phone box which is bigger inside than physically possible.

Associate
Watched it in the vain hope that the writing might have improved.
In my opinion, it hasn't. I'm sure my kids enjoyed it, but I think I'll struggle to sit through any more episodes until they get better writers on the show.
Nostalgia aint what it used to be.

Associate
Thought the entire episode was the same old tired retread of how not to do things last season. But that last 4-7 minutes of it really brought things around. Unfortunately, that's because of the weak season last year and expecting the same tripe this time around, so I'm not going to give this season of Doctor Who the all clear yet, will wait until episode 3 to see if it's really turned a corner, or whether it's just a one off.

Soldato
that last series was so bad I did not even bother trying to find out when this was on... before girl dr who I watched every episode (even the old ones) though I hated Silverter macoy (he has nearly as bad)

Soldato
that last series was so bad I did not even bother trying to find out when this was on... before girl dr who I watched every episode (even the old ones) though I hated Silverter macoy (he has nearly as bad)
Sylvester McCoy was a great Docotr. He had some great stories but was let down by decreasing budgets and the beeb giving up on it.

Back
Top Bottom