Getting my steam account back

Soldato
Long story short.... My steam account with I set up on the year dot when value set up steam I've just tried to get back so I can play my old games.

I've had my account stolen in the past and it seems like its happened again. I used to keep an old physical disc version of half life 2 for cdkey verification. But I got rid of it a few years ago... And it's proving impossible to prove who am..

Steam support are saying my email I'm supplying is not the original email the account was setup with...... Erm I should know. I've somehow managed to find a confirmation payment from 2014 for a game purchase with the email address, and they still won't accept it.

The card was a credit card I no longer have and don't have details on. What more can I do??

Last edited:
Soldato
It was 39. Managed to talk sense into them. Had the account 15 years so not giving it up .Although when I’ll get around to playing is another story lol
How did you manage to talk sense into them?
Going through this at the moment myself.
It's been a good 15 years since I set up my account and the last time I logged in was probably around 6-years ago. Sent them copies of the email when I last forgot my username and when I've purchased a game although they want proof of a PayPal purchase from an email address I no longer have access to as it was my mothers who I'm no longer in contact with and a copy of a cd key that I'm 99% sure I no longer have....

Soldato
OP
How did you manage to talk sense into them?
Going through this at the moment myself.
It's been a good 15 years since I set up my account and the last time I logged in was probably around 6-years ago. Sent them copies of the email when I last forgot my username and when I've purchased a game although they want proof of a PayPal purchase from an email address I no longer have access to as it was my mothers who I'm no longer in contact with and a copy of a cd key that I'm 99% sure I no longer have....

So your account is on an email address you no longer have?

Soldato
So your account is on an email address you no longer have?
No. I have the email address still but I think the purchase they want proof of was paid for using parents PayPal and email as it many years ago now.
I have sent screenshots from the email the steam account is linked to but they said it's not valid as it doesn't show proof of purchase...

Associate
I had to do the same with my original steam account, luckily I still had the half life generations box & cd key

in the early days your username was your email address.

They changed it and allowed you to just use a username in later years, that stumps allot of people.

Back
Top Bottom