Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Hope you enjoy, the stronic version of that engine didn't suffer the kangarooing when pulling away from rest. From what I understand Audi have produced an update, which your car will have anyway. I had a 1.4 version of that engine in a A3 saloon and it was a peach....

Soldato
The 1.5L engine is pretty impressive in the Leon. It's got some poke (150PS) but 50mpg isn't hard to achieve, at the moment I think the average on ours sits at 43-44mpg.

Edit: I assume it's the same engine of course.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I got the new motor on Saturday. Safe to say, it's very nice and a massive upgrade from the '55 S40!

WHuiwQx.jpg

0G4odsH.jpg

Yp48BdB.jpg

qAYI8eJ.jpg

(ignore the flowers - did not come with the car)

The engine is lovely. I know a 1.5L engine sounds pretty small, but it's miles faster than the 2.4L that was in the Volvo. Much more responsive, quicker off the mark. The car feels light, goes where you point it, and it's bloody comfortable. The technology in it as well, although hardly new, is great. I love how my phone is linked to the car.

I suppose the only downgrade from the previous car here is that it just has AC, not climate control.

It's also bizarrely not terribly efficient - about 25 mpg average in any mode other than efficiency. It has the tech that enables 2 cylinders to be stopped when you don't need them - does anyone know whether this works in all modes or is it just efficiency (or other??)?

Soldato
It's also bizarrely not terribly efficient - about 25 mpg average in any mode other than efficiency. It has the tech that enables 2 cylinders to be stopped when you don't need them - does anyone know whether this works in all modes or is it just efficiency (or other??)?

It works in all modes, my 1.5tsi in my Ateca didnt start doing over 40mpg till about 8k miles. Seems to take a while for it loosen up.

The 2 cylinder shut down also only works at certain loads and throttle inputs. Mine seems to come on more when the ACC is doing its thing.

Soldato
It works in all modes, my 1.5tsi in my Ateca didnt start doing over 40mpg till about 8k miles. Seems to take a while for it loosen up.

The 2 cylinder shut down also only works at certain loads and throttle inputs. Mine seems to come on more when the ACC is doing its thing.

Oh really? That's interesting....it'll take me a while to get to 8k considering I do 6k a year!

Are you able to tell when the two cylinders shut down? Unfortunately I don't have the adaptive cruise control.

Soldato
Oh really? That's interesting....it'll take me a while to get to 8k considering I do 6k a year!

Are you able to tell when the two cylinders shut down? Unfortunately I don't have the adaptive cruise control.

You should see the "ECO" symbol appear when its shut two down. I have the digital dash so it maybe different in your case.

Edit from the Q2 manual:

- Active Cylinder Management: The engine auto-
matically shuts down two cylinders when per-
formance demand is low and certain other con-
ditions have been met. This process is imper-
ceptible to the occupants. The driver message

2-cylinder mode will appear if the current or
average fuel consumption display oFig. 16 is

selected in the instrument cluster. The cylin-
ders are reactivated under heavier load condi-
tions.

https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=747

Last edited:
Soldato
You should see the "ECO" symbol appear when its shut two down. I have the digital dash so it maybe different in your case.

Edit from the Q2 manual:

- Active Cylinder Management: The engine auto-
matically shuts down two cylinders when per-
formance demand is low and certain other con-
ditions have been met. This process is imper-
ceptible to the occupants. The driver message

2-cylinder mode will appear if the current or
average fuel consumption display oFig. 16 is

selected in the instrument cluster. The cylin-
ders are reactivated under heavier load condi-
tions.

https://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=747

Wow OK! I've not seen that message yet.

Soldato
Something similar to this I think:
p1020169.jpg

You also need to have the average fuel consumption in the display to see it.

Soldato
Something similar to this I think:
p1020169.jpg

You also need to have the average fuel consumption in the display to see it.

I don't have the virtual cockpit. It definitely doesn't show that.

So it has no climate control and drinks like a V8, what are the upsides?! Think I'd rather take the S40!

You should try driving the S40 then. Quite the different driving experience.

Associate
Got an Audi A5, and for some reason the past week when i unlock my car the passenger window opens by 30% anyone ever had this problem?

Soldato
Soldato
It'll be something to do with the window drop. Try fully opening and closing the windows a few times

1) Hold window button to open it fully. 2) release button 3) fully press and hold the button again for ~10 seconds. 4) repeat in the other direction.

Associate
It'll be something to do with the window drop. Try fully opening and closing the windows a few times

1) Hold window button to open it fully. 2) release button 3) fully press and hold the button again for ~10 seconds. 4) repeat in the other direction.
Okay thanks, Will give that a whirl later.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Had the RS3 in at the local main dealer for an S Tronic fluid change and spark plugs. Could've/should've bought the plugs myself and done it but forgot about it and it was in with them anyway so for the sake of a few quid got it done at the same time.

Not sure the rediculously low interval for the plugs is justified though, every 6 years...or a mere 19k!

Pleasantly surprised the fluid change was cheaper than the fixed prices listed on the Audi site.

Now I've had it a while now, covered about 8k in it, am loving it and it's perfect for my usage.

At the time coming from a Golf R the RS didn't feel as huge a step up as you'd think, and it still isn't to a degree given it's a 'small car' platform still. But having been in and driven a Golf R and S3 since, then getting back into the RS, it's extra punch is very noticable.

Also I loved the previous Golf and was missing it a little when it went.

RS still feels a bit boaty to drive though, but the noises it makes are lovely.

Had a 16 plate RS6 behind me today though, and when he went past the noises it made were unreal. Obviously been fettled with as it was just a constant stream of crackles and pops.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My 2.0 TDI C6 A6 will need a big service (200,000km/125,000 miles) shortly.
I believe this is the timing belt service, and I presume it's wise to change the water pump and bearings, etc at the same time?

I just stumbled across something about a DPF replacement at 120,000 miles as well, but I've never heard of that before. Go glow plugs need to be replaced like spark plugs, or can they just be replaced when they fail?

Back
Top Bottom