• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are the RX5700 XT drivers stable now?

Soldato
I've got a Nitro+ and haven't have any problems with the drivers. The only time I had an issue was some stutters/downclocking in Starcraft 2 but was tracked down to Radeon Anti-lag. The game is perfect once the antilag is disabled. Perhaps many who have had problems had such features enabled.

Associate
OP
@Engram you gonna bite the bullet and get one dude?

I dunno. I think the non XT version is better value (price per FPS) at £299, although there's no indication of when it will actually arrive in stock. It also seems like the non XT versions have fewer driver issues (based on all the forum/Reddit lurking I've done over the last week).

At the same time, I have the components for a Ryzen 5 build arriving early next week, so I need something!

Soldato
Just got my self the gigabyte 5700xt.

Few odd issues, think it's down to the display cable, get the odd black screen flicker, other than that, solid as a rock.

I ain't bothering with any of the bloatware antilag etc.

Also check panos, he has said a few things in the 5700xt thread regarding settings etc

Soldato
@rip-the-jacker & @BigRazer93
Yeah you will find tweaking at discussion. Few things to boot. Make sure fast boot is off on Windows 10, don't use power splitters and install latest version straight on. Make sure if you upgrade from different GPU use DDU before installing the card or any drivers if possible to wipe out the previous drivers.

On black screens, if using DP cable get a good DP1.4 HBR3 rated one, and if experiencing problem until then Settings -> Display -> Extend Overrides -> Swing 1 and PreEmphasis 2

Don't use MSI AB as latest version still doesnt support 19.12.2/3

Soldato
I'm seeing this advice in a lot of places but presumably this depends on your PSU? My EVGA 650 GS has a single 12V rail, so there's no extra power to be had from using a second output on the PSU. The cable itself can easily handle 300W+ (based on the cable gauge and molex specifications).

Don't use power splitters to GPUs. Is irrelevant to what your PSU is. Mine is 1000W Platinum Superflower yet still the same rule applies.

Associate
OP
I'm referring to the cables that came with my PSU though. My PSU came with a cable that terminates in 2x 6+2 PCI-E, but it plugs into a single socket on the PSU.

Permabanned
I'm seeing this advice in a lot of places but presumably this depends on your PSU? My EVGA 650 GS has a single 12V rail, so there's no extra power to be had from using a second output on the PSU. The cable itself can easily handle 300W+ (based on the cable gauge and molex specifications).

All PSU's are single rain inside, the multirail craze was just the single rail spit up using circuits.

My Corsair AX1600i can be Single or Multi but it is advisd to leave it Single and if you are interested you can see why by looking on YouTube for Corsair's Jonny Guru video on topic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Received today, 11.30, awesome!

Installed and just on the PC atm on YT, OCUK etc..but yet to play a game..im scared lol :D

If anyone can give me some pre-game settings on the fly, before I look into undervolting and all that.

Cheers!

Soldato
OK guys..

Just played some MW there, was a great experience. Good FPS and smooth gameplay.

A few things though..first off in the menus I get a slight flicker on the screen, very slight.

And also when I checked AfterBurner after a little sesh, my GPU seems to be an issue..

GPU temp : 71c
GPU 2 temp : 96c
Mem temp : 84c
VRM temp : 79c
VRM 2 temp : 0c
VRM 3 temp : 0c

Fan speed : 40% max

Can someone please shead some light on this before I play anymore on this card.

Thanks guys!

Associate
OP
They are supposed to get pretty hot!

I've decided to get the non-XT version of the same card (same cooler etc). The performance is still amazing (coming from my HD 7950!), it's £75 cheaper, and there seem to be fewer driver issues with the non-XT.

Hopefully I can report my findings next week, when I've got everything up and running.

Back
Top Bottom