US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Caporegime
We are .. We are western allies.

Rather just disband NATO than continue to entertain this madness any longer, the US wages wars in an area that disproportionately harms Europe. It's beyond foolish. We have more in common with Moscow than we do with Washington on this issue, might as well make it official and stop sucking the US's Richard over conflicts that only ever seem to mean years of innocent dead Britons to show for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rather just disband NATO than continue to entertain this madness any longer, the US wages wars in an area that disproportionately harms Europe. It's beyond foolish. We have more in common with Moscow than we do with Washington on this issue, might as well make it official and stop sucking the US's Richard over conflicts that only ever seem to mean years of innocent dead Britons to show for it.
Yes, I do wonder if the Americans would be so keen on warmongering if they were closer.

Soldato
While at face value this may look like kicking the hornets nest, isn't it possible that there was far more going behind the scenes than meets the eye? I've only recently started to learn about the deep history of politics at play here, but my opinion is that many officials would have been consulted about this assassination and it's potential repercussions, and a judgement call made whereby this was deemed the best option.

If this is true I'd be interested to learn why any potential plot against US/US allies couldn't be foiled but instead his death was considered the appropriate action, but I guess we'll never know.

Man of Honour

The ideology of NATO still works but the US seem to take matters into their own hands and as you correctly say, Europe and the rest of the world suffer. They seems to have this mad obsession with the rest of worlds politics, yet it seems they themselves are the real threat.

Caporegime
While at face value this may look like kicking the hornets nest, isn't it possible that there was far more going behind the scenes than meets the eye? I've only recently started to learn about the deep history of politics at play here, but my opinion is that many officials would have been consulted about this assassination and it's potential repercussions, and a judgement call made whereby this was deemed the best option.

If this is true I'd be interested to learn why any potential plot against US/US allies couldn't be foiled but instead his death was considered the appropriate action, but I guess we'll never know.

Ultimately the President has the first and last say, regardless of evidence, he could literally order anyone's murder if he wished, it's just more likely the armed forces agree when that person is an enemy. There are three options here, either Trump wants a distraction, his handlers want a distraction or there was a legitimate threat to end and it's somehow now worth the consequences of such a unilateral action.

This guy has been a threat for decades (note - no one else made this decision but a raving narcissistic, who is constantly fawning over and being tossed around by strongmen and doesn't want people thinking he's weak), so you can judge that yourself.

If he was an actual 'strongman' he'd simply invade Iran and end this ******** today.

Soldato
What the lying media aren’t telling you is that Iran is on the verge of a revolution against the mullahs. The thing that stands between the people and the mullahs is the Revolutionary Guard, which Trump just beheaded, increasing the chances of the revolution being successful.

Caporegime
What the lying media aren’t telling you is that Iran is on the verge of a revolution against the mullahs. The thing that stands between the people and the mullahs is the Revolutionary Guard, which Trump just beheaded, increasing the chances of the revolution being successful.

We'll see, as I can only see this as killing that revolution stone dead now. What will you say if it doesn't transpire the way you think, that Trump thinks, but doesn't actually think, but his handlers might think it will go?

The US has just did the thing that the Iranian religious/military establishment have used for decades to keep power - the perfidious violent threats outside of/against Iran. The need for a strong Iranian presence in the region is surely empowered by this action. I suppose there's always a chance that isn't enough, but it doesn't quite gel with political actions recently. Especially since all Iran has to do is to describe how lawless and **** Libya & Syria are to keep the people generally angry at the US rather than the Iranian establishment.

Last edited:
Soldato
The guy was a violent nut job (in charge of a government backed military unit who act like terrorists) and Iran was certainly behind stirring up trouble in Iraq. But they could have been more subtle ;)

Soldato
We'll see, as I can only see this as killing that revolution stone dead now. What will you say if it doesn't transpire the way you think, that Trump thinks, but doesn't actually think, but his handlers might think it will go?
I'm not making any predictions on the success of the revolution, it’s too early for that, but if Iran returns to a pre-1979 state that’s undoubtedly a good thing.

Soldato
Just like the last cruise missile strikes on Syrian targets after the faux chemical attack, nothing will come of this, the Eastern powers don't want WW3 no matter how hard the Western powers try poking for it to escalate

Back
Top Bottom