• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4790k to a 3600x

Associate
I have used corsair vengeance with both a 2600 and 3700X, never had a problem with XMP out of the box. Using Dark Pro now but seemed very good at the time

Caporegime
there is theres something else coming but a 4790k in gaming to a 3600 isnt a great jump in some games its actually slower when the 4790k is clocked. the only hinderance is that its got 4 cores and most games or todays gaming 6 is prefered.

for a system upgrade and to last 8 really is what you should be aiming for unless you upgrading the 3600 again. so if at simular performance now why upgrade now ? it depends on what you play. or what you use your pc for. also the new amd cpus at end of year are supposed to be another 15 percent on top again or more. so it makes sense to upgrade then. depends what budget you have how long you keeping your system for.

Associate
OP
Cheers for all the replies I’m on win 10 and a 5700xt tbh I was going to wait till ces just to see if there was any announcements but it’s mainly just for gaming and I don’t really stream or create content to any extreme extent.

Permabanned
Nope, the 4000 is def a buying opportunity :D

people have to remember that AMD aren't stupid taking into account inflation AMD have have one if not the most expensive cpu ever sold.
if the 4000 line is say10% up on the 3000 line and intel still have nothing, do you think they will continue this peanuts pricing trend.. i think not

Caporegime
if the 4000 line is say10% up on the 3000 line and intel still have nothing, do you think they will continue this peanuts pricing trend.. i think not

I had thought that BUT the high end is bringing them some nice profits so hopefully it'll keep the gaming end (8c) still quite sane in their pricing :)

Soldato
I game at 1440p

Just grab an R5 3600, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, and 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM for <£320, and sell your kit for £200 with no issues at all. Total cost £120, it's hardly a lot of money for a platform that you can easily drop in a faster CPU or one with more cores if you see fit. Basically sell your kit while it has any value left. :)

Permabanned
I game at 1440p

thats a funny res, at 1080 you need CPU power, at 4k GPU will always be a bottle neck so CPU is nothing as long as capable and your is(with an overclock).
at 1440 its a fine line and TBF if you hitting the max FPS of you monitor(at high or max settings) i would say keep it, if not that its upgrade time.

Back
Top Bottom