Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
My friend is having issues with this game. During game play it hangs/stutters for several seconds at a time almost completely ruining play. I have searched online and going through this thread for any mention of stuttering but haven't really got anywhere. One result suggested closing any overlay/monitoring software in the background which we did and it seemed to solve it, however on the next play despite the same programs been closed the problem returned. He's running a 6700K/390 8GB/8GB RAM/W10/19.12.2 drivers on a mechanical hard drive. Any ideas? The game runs fine which it's not showing this problem.

I have a Vega 56 and get it maybe once during a session. Sometimes never.

I have 16GB RAM and its annoying when it happens during an online match.

Big thread here: https://community.callofduty.com/t5...arfare-PC/short-screen-freezing/td-p/11213672

Soldato
How’s the ease of finding a game when using mouse and keyboard? I see most of the streamers playing on console or with a controller.
i have zero issues finding games, the majority of games are mixed lobbies.

i dont feel i particulary have an advantage over a pad player due to the aim assist.

Soldato
just put a controller in for hits and giggles, oh my god that aim assist lol. Ridiculous, it just snaps right on from miles, you don't even have to be very close to the enemy either. It's like they worried about the unfairness of going up against mouse and keyboard, so made the controller so OP. It even sticks to targets and tracks for flip sake, no recoil control needed. Bonkers. No wonder when I watch kill cam, it looks like everyone using aimbot.

Caporegime
The maps, gunplay etc. are fantastic and game is good fun in short blasts but hard to take seriously when a couple of things are annoying:

- pad users..... the auto lock on and tracking is insane and in fact I would say that using a M+K is more of a disadvantage now, still I will continue to use M+K as can't get used to controller and prefer how M+K feels for MP FPS
- the darkness of the game in SDR, play in HDR and you'll see a massive difference for visibility, night and day in terms of enemy visibility

Oh and ground war is literally aids, beyond terrible that game mode.

Caporegime
Just reading Wikipedia. Why is the inclusion of white phosphorus in MP causing controversy?

Yes, it’s a horrific weapon, but so are all the others. Grenades, mines, cruise missiles. None are pleasant, so why the outrage over white phosphorus?

Soldato
Anyone know why I might not be able to hear people in game? It's been driving me insane. Shy of reinstalling, I'm not sure what else to try, ingame settings are fine, I can see people talking. Default comms have been set on Windows. It did work at one point.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
just put a controller in for hits and giggles, oh my god that aim assist lol. Ridiculous, it just snaps right on from miles, you don't even have to be very close to the enemy either. It's like they worried about the unfairness of going up against mouse and keyboard, so made the controller so OP. It even sticks to targets and tracks for flip sake, no recoil control needed. Bonkers. No wonder when I watch kill cam, it looks like everyone using aimbot.

I turned aim assist down to its lowest setting just because of that.

Can’t remember the last time I played a game with K&M TBH. Just can’t see any benefit to it personally but it’s subjective I guess.

Associate
Anyone know why I might not be able to hear people in game? It's been driving me insane. Shy of reinstalling, I'm not sure what else to try, ingame settings are fine, I can see people talking. Default comms have been set on Windows. It did work at one point.

I had this problem the solution from reddit which sounded stupid but actually worked;

Open your sound control panel, change the default playback and recording device to something different, apply it. Then change it back to what you actually use and apply again, it shouldn't fix it but it actually did, least for me.

Soldato
Thanks I’ll give that a try! Where is the cloud save option?

In the ini file.

Regarding the game though, just had some horrible games, the last match, search and destroy, the moment we won the first round, the whol opposite enemy team left the game. Getting sick of people leaving games when it doesn't go their way. They really need to introduce some form of punishment for it.

Soldato
In the ini file.

Regarding the game though, just had some horrible games, the last match, search and destroy, the moment we won the first round, the whol opposite enemy team left the game. Getting sick of people leaving games when it doesn't go their way. They really need to introduce some form of punishment for it.

Sorted, thanks. Voice chat works perfect now! Hopefully they'll sort this in a patch for others who aren't aware.

Soldato

This does sound highly unfair. I know, i might connect a pad then also use k&m, so super fast turn & general movement with pad aim assist. If it works it would be like k&m with aimbot by the sounds of it.
I think they should do away with aim assist all together and have mixed lobbies off by default.
If console / pad players want to play with the k&m people, let them but make it the same for all

Soldato
This does sound highly unfair. I know, i might connect a pad then also use k&m, so super fast turn & general movement with pad aim assist. If it works it would be like k&m with aimbot by the sounds of it.
I think they should do away with aim assist all together and have mixed lobbies off by default.
If console / pad players want to play with the k&m people, let them but make it the same for all

Weird this, can you use controller for multiplayer on pc, on my menu controller is greyed out and a padlock on it even though my controller is plugged in and on. Yet I played coop last night and was able to change input mode from mouse and keyboard to controller when I was in the game. Today I cant even change to controller in the main menu.

On a side note, I disabled crossplay from menu so everyone using mouse and keyboard and all of a sudden I'm going 3 or 4-1 kd again and no one seems to be snapping on and murdering me across the map. Controller has a huge advantage in gun fights at medium to long range.....Actually at most ranges but more obvious at range.

Back
Top Bottom