Damp

Associate
My drimaster has arrived. Will be fitting tomorrow.

check the fan is intact before you cut the hole out, mine arrived just before xmas, when i went to fit it it didnt work, it had been damaged in transit and the fan was loose, should get my replacement this week

Soldato
OP
check the fan is intact before you cut the hole out, mine arrived just before xmas, when i went to fit it it didnt work, it had been damaged in transit and the fan was loose, should get my replacement this week
Cheers. Have checked and everything seems ok. I'm not looking forward to the mess it's going to create cutting the hole.

As far as location goes. I'm cutting half way between the loft hatch and a light fitting. Would you fit the air dams to stop it pushing air in those directions?

Associate
I wouldn't bother for those, they'll make no difference at all. Smoke alarms and if it's right against a wall is the only time I'll consider them.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't bother for those, they'll make no difference at all. Smoke alarms and if it's right against a wall is the only time I'll consider them.
Cool. Installing as we speak. Only issue is I can't get a decent fixing into my ceiling so when I try connect the heater bit above it pushes my screws out. Bloody lathe and plaster.

Associate
Hopefully you've got it installed now. I have lathe and plaster (more like contrete for me) and I just screwed through the plaster into, strips of wood. It's in solid now.

Soldato
OP
Hopefully you've got it installed now. I have lathe and plaster (more like contrete for me) and I just screwed through the plaster into, strips of wood. It's in solid now.
Yeah all installed now. The issue was when cutting the big hole I'd cut back too many of the lathes so the fixing points weren't lining up properly. I managed to use a couple of the holes for the air dams as fixing points too so all secure now. Have the heat version but air still feels pretty coldc out.What heat/fan speed you guys using?

Associate
I don't have the heat version and I run mine at 1 which seems to work for me. Occasionally I get a teeny tiny bit of condensation but I can deal with that. This is in a smallish London 3 bed house.

Tea Drinker
Don
Yeah all installed now. The issue was when cutting the big hole I'd cut back too many of the lathes so the fixing points weren't lining up properly. I managed to use a couple of the holes for the air dams as fixing points too so all secure now. Have the heat version but air still feels pretty coldc out.What heat/fan speed you guys using?

I would base the speed on your condensation. I'd go mid way to dry the place out then knock it back till you start seeing condensation again.

Soldato

Hi

I just checked you pics in the link, we have a similar issue with condensation on the windows every morning in the winter months, perhaps not quite as bad as build up of water but do use a karcher window vac to clear it up.

Some walls also get buildup of black mould over time, we used some wallrock thermal liner that has cleared it for now but that isn't really moving the problem.

I was going to get some wallrock dampstop liner for another room but the drimaster looks pretty good.

The mould buildup in my room is on the outside wall along the ceiling level and down one side of a wall adjacent to a window.

I'm currently taking off the wallpaper ready to decorate, but I want to solve the issue correctly.

Does this sound like a drimaster may solve the issues?

Thanks

Associate
Get one if you have condensation issues, you wont regret it, its fantastic and has made me and my Missus a lot happier in our home. Air in general feels a lot fresher, odours disperse a lot quicker and recurring mold problems have gone, as well as the condensation being 99.9% eradicated.

Associate
A proper mechanical heat recovery ventilation unit can be had for about £500 and is what is used in new builds to prevent moisture build up.

I had the same issue and it was solved by proper ventilation in bathrooms and kitchen, and lots of insulation

Soldato
OP
Update. I don't think it's a coincidence but since installing my drimaster I've had zero condensation on any windows.
My drimaster is set to speed 4 which on the weekend will be a week since installing. Am going to drop to speed 3 and test for another week and then down to 2.

In fairness the temperature hasn't been super cold but regardless I'd still have plenty of condensation by now.

Back
Top Bottom